The hottest recording studio / producer in New Orleans for U

david faulk
audio school graduate

The hottest recording studio / producer in New Orleans for U

Post by david faulk » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:32 pm

HOTBOX
R E C O R D I N G S T U D I O
Here at HOTBOX, we cater to the needs of major and indie labels as well as independent artists, bands and singers with quality music production, recording and mastering services at great rates - but you don't have to take our word for it! Some of the people we have worked with include national-selling artists like Mystikal, George Clinton, Lenny Kravitz, Tool, Tricky, Dr. John and Glenn Tilbrook as well as local talent such as Juvenile, Kane & Abel, The Wild Magnolias, Partners-N-Crime, Whitney Ann McCray, Mia-X, Choppa, Fiend, 5th Ward Weebie, The Ghetto Twiinz, Black Menace and many more.
HOTBOX is located in Metairie, Louisiana and offers clients an intimate recording environment while maintaining a national level of recording quality and technical excellence by our in-house producer/engineer David "D. Funk" Faulk who has spent the last 15 years working with artists from all genres - rock to rap, R&B to blues - we record it all.
HOTBOX is known as the feel-at-home recording studio offering both digital & analog recording as well as a full suite of recording software. We invite you to browse our website at www.hotboxstudio.com to view more specifics about our studio and to learn more about our music production services.
HOTBOX Recording Studio is located in the heart of Metairie between Clearview and Causway, 1 block off Veterans Blvd.
* Easy accessibility & convenience combined with working with talented people in comfortable studio are just a few of the reasons that artists and labels love working with us. We work closely with managers, A&R and the artists to make each project run smoothly and come in under budget. Check us out to see for yourself and please feel free to contact HOTBOX today!
Find out more by calling: (504) 887-0885 or visiting www.hotboxstudio.com on the internet.
David "D. Funk" Faulk
HOTBOX Recording Studio
http://www.hotboxstudio.com

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Re: The hottest recording studio / producer in New Orleans f

Post by greatmagnet » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:21 pm

Man, I really need to look at people's websites more closely before I say "nice studio" and ask for a tour! Here I am editing myself out of uncoolness!

Did it work? No? DAMN!
Last edited by greatmagnet on Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

david faulk
audio school graduate

Post by david faulk » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:23 pm

I'd love for you to come by and visit the studio while you are in town. Absolutely.
As far as what you said about your gear, it's like I said before - It's not always the gear you own - It's about being able to operate it well and you CAN get a great sound out of minimal equipment if you are creative and take the time to do it so don't worry about having the latest gear. I know so many people with the G4 ProTools whole shibang setup and tons of rack gear and so on and their music sounds like total crap.
It's all in the ears and time you put into something. Well, that's my personal opinion anyway.
What exactly is this TapeOp convention and what does it consist of. I rarely attend events to hob-nob with people (although I KNOW I should) but I'm pretty shy and tend to keep to myself a lot and just record, mix, master and play music. I don't know if there are fees involved in attending the TapeOp convention or who all is attending so any info on it would be apreciated.
- Dave
David "D. Funk" Faulk
HOTBOX Recording Studio
http://www.hotboxstudio.com

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:11 pm

david faulk wrote:What exactly is this TapeOp convention and what does it consist of.
David, David, David,

I'm gonna try to refrain from giving you a hard time because you've certainly gotten your share of it here already, but do you know what TapeOp is? It's an audio magazine, largely geared towards the street-level DIY-type recording enthusiast. You can get a FREE SUBSCRIPTION to it right here on this very website. They've had artcles by and about people no one has ever heard of (figuratively, of course) as well as people like Tchad Blake, Jack Endino, Dave Sardy, Steve Albini, Andy Johns, and most recently, Cosimo Matassa.

For the past three years, a very hard-working and dedicated group of people (many of whom slave away both to get this free mag out every other month and to keep this website up and running) have been busting their asses to organize a conference for the readers. The last two were held on the West Coast. This year, at the end of May, their conference will be hosted in your very own town of New Orleans. There are details, schedules, and registration information available from this very website as well. This will be the first TapeOp Convention I've had the very good fortune to attend, but from what I understand, they're lots of fun and plenty nerdy. I think they have a pretty fantastic schedule this year and I'm just sorry I can't split myself to attend multiple workshops at the same time.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and find out what this magazine's about. You're making use of a really great outlet and it seems like you don't know what you're missing.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Post by greatmagnet » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:32 am

True, dat. I myself am not above using TapeOp as a soapbox for self-promotion occasionally, but it 's kinda interesting nthat you found this forum without knowing what TapeOp actually IS first. I guess that forums like this can be easily found through search engines...I just happened to have TapeOp recommended to me as a magazine FIRST and then the forum followed naturally.

TapeOp is definitely up your alley, so sign up for the mag and check out the forum...it's definitely in line with your "ethos".

There are hundreds of knowledgeable pros and semi-pros like Chris who browse daily and can trade info with you with surprising speed. It has taught me a lot and really kinda changed my life! I know that sounds stupid.

See you both in NOLA!
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

TA
alignin' 24-trk

Post by TA » Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 am

Copy paste, careful David your BOLD. I read what some have had to say about your bold text and the hard time they gave you about everything else. I can see both sides of that argument. Anyway, I dont want to harp on any of that.

I think it`s great that you have had the opportunity to work with the artists you have mentioned. I`m curiose, how much involvement did you have working with TOOL and have you worked with Perfect Circle. I love the production work on the Perfect Circle albums and the TOOL albums for that matter, the drums in perticular really grab my attention! They just kick you in the ass! Know what I mean.

Do share your experience and method to achieve these sounds.

TA