a production team that will effect the course of the world

honeytone
studio intern

a production team that will effect the course of the world

Post by honeytone » Wed May 12, 2004 10:43 am

Hello, and thanks for reading -

My name is Tony Senes and it is my calling to produce three songs over the course of this summer and get them to as many ears as possible before the elections in November. I've been a bit frustrated at the lack of protest songs over what is going on in the world, namely what this administration is doing and the resigned response of this society. I am not looking to get signed or make money off of these recordings, I only want ears to listen and minds to digest the music.

What I am looking for is a producer, an engineer, and a studio all located in the ny/ct area to be a part of this life important project. Right now is the moment to take control and use our resources to create a lasting impact on life around us. The possibility is before us. As for the music, it is a socially aware crossover style of latin rythms along with the force of rock, and two of them are entirely in Spanish. The message in the music, however, is beyond words, and it is the soul inside of this music that will communicate.

If you are at all interested in working on this project with me and the band, please pm me or send an email to: fortunalight@hotmail.com. Upon request I can send out demos, and we'll take it from there. Thanks again for reading.

Tony
If an idea is at first not absurd, then there is no hope for it.
- Albert Einstein

cgarges
zen recordist

Re: a production team that will effect the course of the wor

Post by cgarges » Mon May 17, 2004 4:08 pm

A little OT, but there is some stuff out there, it's just not always easy to find.

Check out what Grassrootsleadership is all about:

www.grassrootsleadership.org

Or check out some protest songs for free at:

http://www.sikahn.com/war.shtml

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

FatSound
alignin' 24-trk

Post by FatSound » Mon May 17, 2004 9:53 pm

Interesting that I should happen to look on this list, I generaly just take a quick peek at the 4 sale/trade list.
I've been talking to some other people about the same subject, and have plans of putting a comilation CD out on the very same thing.
No one so far wants to do it just to make $, but to make a Statement while we STILL can. We Do feel it is a VERY Important issue to Everyone, weather they know it yet, or Not.
As you can understand there is much to work out as far as the details, so that everything goes as it should. But rest asured that the work has started on that.
I'm on the west coast, so unable to offer any help on your recording, but if your interested in submitting some of your work for consideration on the CD, it would be good to hear from You, or Anybody else that may have some of the same feelings.
It's Time to Wake Up America !

FatSound
alignin' 24-trk

Post by FatSound » Mon May 17, 2004 9:57 pm

* Note: My responce is to the org. post by honeytone

MitoPro
alignin' 24-trk

Post by MitoPro » Tue May 18, 2004 1:55 pm

Some protest and music related websites:

Fat Wreck Chords has put out a CD/DVD compliation called
Rock Against Bush Comp. Vol. 1

http://www.punkvoter.com/

Music For America
http://www.musicforamerica.org/

"Music for America is a partisan, political nonprofit getting 1 million new progressive voters to participate in the 2004 elections. The country is headed in the wrong direction; our generation has the most at stake, and as long as we remain spectators, nothing will change. Through live concerts and an interactive website, we are connecting culture and politics, exposing political hypocrisies, and igniting a grassroots movement."

Enjoy.

-Matt