Hey Ladies- Does this ever happen to you???

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Re: Hey Ladies- Does this ever happen to you???

Post by hearnoevil » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:08 pm

Good for her! It's nice to see a woman that's gone so far in this industry. I think I may have made a mistake by going to engineering school. It looks like your boss pretty much got lucky & found a good internship that lead to a great job. I think if I had worked as hard to find an internship at a good recording studio (instead of taking any crap work anyone would throw at me) as I did in school, I probably would have done better. I'm starting to wonder if anyone even records in NYC anymore!
My Boss Thinks I'm An Ass Kisser

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:39 pm

I'm a huge Sylvia Massy-Shivy fan. Man, Rage Against the Machine was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the entry level position, don't sweat it. Opportunities for advancement can come quickly, but only if you stay in one place long enough to find them.

I've worked under many women supervisors!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

hearnoevil
ass engineer

Post by hearnoevil » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:59 pm

You would think advancement would come with time, but it's not my first "entry level" position. I've worked in post-production for film & animation, worked freelance for a while doing demos & various other projects, I have 2 years of actual working experience in addition to school & internships. I got great grades in school & I've known guys who went through 3 months of a 9-12 month program, dropped out, worked at Sam Ash (or something like it), decided to work in a studio, and got jobs that I've been turned away from. I'm actually pretty good at what I do, too! I don't know a single guy who's been "entry level" for this long! At least I have keys to this place & can come in and record whenever I want to so my knowledge doesn't go stale.
My Boss Thinks I'm An Ass Kisser