Interns in Chicago?

Joe M
audio school

Interns in Chicago?

Post by Joe M » Wed May 21, 2003 8:08 am

Hey, I need interns. My studio just north of Chicago just began releasing records on its own label... as it turns out that takes LOTS of work.

If you want 1 or 2 days a week at a studio helping to answer phones, setup sessions, and dealing with record label activities, and if you have a good attitude, please hit me back.

pics of the studio at www.evproductions.tv

Columbia college students: GET COURSE CREDIT

please no high-schoolers; no offense but your all lazy.

Joe M
audio school

Re: Interns in Chicago?

Post by Joe M » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:27 pm

I keep saying the same thing to people who reply to this post, so here:

What I am looking for is a 1-day per week regular thing, like Thursdays from 10 to 6 or 12 to 8. The problem here is that during a session, the phone always rings; If it's an important call, I want to be able to take it and have the assistant work the session for a while. We also get jobs that are simple transfers, like from an old record onto a CD. We do de-noising and restoration etc. and it?s a good way for interns like yourself to get experience using our system. Lastly, we are now a record label; we have 1 album out and are about to drop a single in 3 weeks. Being a label involves mass-mailings, phone calls, and research, and its taking all my time, so hopefully your interested in that end of the industry as well...

So, it's a lot like work over here, but without the money. At the same time, you will get more experience here than at a bigger studio, and if you learn our system you will be able to understand any recording studio set-up. I also want to point out that 50% of our clientele is rap artists, so having an open personality and being comfortable around some real characters is important too. I'm saying all this because we have had many people come here to intern that find it's not as fun as it may seem. It goes from really boring to really stressful with little in between.

The only way to make some money here is for you to learn the system to the point where you can convince some band that you can engineer their session: If you bring in the biz, you get the dough.

If you want to do this, just pick a day, preferably from 10 to 6, and let me know when you can start.

Thanks,
Joe Matthews
EV Productions, Inc.

davidbarnhart
audio school

Re: Interns in Chicago?

Post by davidbarnhart » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:56 pm

cool. i'd sign the dotted line but i won't be back to chicago until school starts again in september. hopefully you'll still be busy enough to need some more minions, eh?