i hate titling threads

epic problem
gimme a little kick & snare

i hate titling threads

Post by epic problem » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:07 pm

...but i wouldn't mind knowing what a few tapeoppers thing of this song.
i spent the last year putting together a cd that's finally now ready for release, so i'm quite excited about it.
the gear i used is hardly worth getting into, as i'm very much in the pro-sumer category (a few condensers, no outboard gear, decent mixer, shitty soundcard -> DAW); but i'd like to hear what everyone thinks.
thanks for listening.

here.

dougo
pushin' record

Re: i hate titling threads

Post by dougo » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:38 pm

I like the song. Vocals have this cool hollow sound going on. I like the early drumming where you can barely hear it and then it just blows up. I thought the whole song was going to be all mellow.

Cheers,
dougo
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997

daveaux
pluggin' in mics

Post by daveaux » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:04 am

keep up the good work. a good song transcends gear. much more interesting than a glossy turd.
Daveaux
N.O.LA

epic problem

Post by epic problem » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:11 am

thanks for the encouragement guys.
i'm glad i've been able to make the most of what i have, and that it doesn't sound like a lo-fi turd, as opposed to a glossy one. somewhere in the middle is perfect as far as i'm concerned.

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:44 pm

Hey! My brother lived in Waterloo last year... do you go to school there? Its a nice town.

I like your song. I like the vocals most at the begininning.. at the end the whole mix is a little muddy. The dark, compressed drums are cool but the bass and guitars are a little thick. I'd also either jump up an octave, vocally, to give it more space.. if you can swing that. Just at the end. The vocals sit nicely the rest of the time.

Congrats on finishing the cd. I wouldn't mind if you posted a couple more tracks.

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

epic problem

Post by epic problem » Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:50 am

hey mike, thanks for the suggestions. unfortunately at this point, i've got it all mastered and ready to be pressed. what i should have done is put it up while it was still in progress. oh well...
i'm actually just living here in waterloo with my girlfriend, working for the man. it really is a great city though, i love it here.