old project finally released

cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

old project finally released

Post by cassettefetish » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:43 pm

Hey!

I was going to Pimp my new project, Donna Killington.

DK is sort of an alias I use when I make electronic music.

I am finally releasing some demos and miscellaneous things. I've had this stuff around forever, and I just wanted to get it out.

I have some mp3's available at my site... http://automatiksounds.com (click the album cover)... if you want to hear more, PM me and I'll give you a URL for the whole disc. Or buy it. :) (ok... ok... or just PM me for the URL)

About this song: I made this in the winter of 2001-2002. It started as a really cheesy dance track in ACID. The only interesting part was it's made entirely out of samples of an insurance commercial, except a few parts. (It's the one where the old lady says "it's something we all have to think about....)

then, I took this cheesy track, and recorded it onto my brand new 4track, a Yamaha MT*120. I hadn't used it a lot, except for my Dee-Lite cover band (no for real)

I played it half speed through a speaker in the bathtub.It was wrapped in a few zip locks bags and some duct tape ... duh... and I recorded with a similariliy (sp???) positioned and prepared microphone.

I rediscovered the whole tape of the experiment a few weeks ago.

This is the result. Let me know what you think.

--Nick

stereopathetic_banjo
steve albini likes it

Re: old project finally released

Post by stereopathetic_banjo » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:55 am

oh man. "grooove is in the heaaaaaartttt" that alone is just rad. i dunno, dee-lite is a soft spot for me. anyone that is in a cover band of them just has to be awesome!! i'm gonna download the song just because! take care,
-travis