folk?

acidwashed
ass engineer

folk?

Post by acidwashed » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:58 am

this is electronic weirdness that a friend and i have been working on. the other half of this album will be up within the next few weeks.

i got my syteks added to the set up and love the way they sound on the real instruments..if you like it or hate it, i'd love to know!

http://www.folktheworld.net/folk

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Re: folk?

Post by dynomike » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:52 am

I'm listening to the first song (don't belong)

Cool sounds, I like the saw bass.. very cool.

The mix sounds a little muffled: I'd give at least the vocals (if not more instruments) a little boost to the highs... or cut to the low mids.. somethin. Maybe its the compression. I dunno. Believe sounds a lot better in this respect. Probably the cymbals make the difference. I actually really like "believe"!

In both tracks, I'd bump up the lead vocal a bit, otherwise the levels are fairly good. And as I said, a little more highs on the lead vocal... some autotune wouldn't hurt on the first track either. Never thought I'd say that. But in this heavily processed style, autotune would probably be helpful.

The acoustic drums are really cool in believe.. meshes well with the electronic loops. Good job!

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:57 am

nintendo pop... cool song!!

acidwashed
ass engineer

Post by acidwashed » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:07 pm

thanks!
i'm not sure how much eq'ing i can do as the tracks are now in a friends computer and linked up to reactor and reason and such. i tend to fuck things up when i eq anyway, so hopefully, some of those issues can be dealt w. in mastering. i'll look into bumping the vocals. thanks for the critique.
thanks wing.
i like nintendo pop too. it maybe my favorite of the bunch.