A silly song..."Badminton"

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

A silly song..."Badminton"

Post by Dr. Sausage » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:14 am

I've been lurking around at the tapeop boards for a while and I love this place. I'm currently in college and I never have the time to do anything I want like play guitar or record. This sunday I managed to fit 2 hours into recording a song with just my computer mic, and managed to find someone in my dorm that had a bass I could borrow. I hadn't recorded anything for 2 months, and I must say even though I didn't have my measly SM57, audiobuddy and my m-audio 2 input soundcard, it still felt good to record. I dream of one day having my own home, where I can dedicate a whole room just to my recording and lots of different instruments. Just have a very nice setup.

So I recorded this song as always, starting out with rhythm guitar, then adding a 2nd lead guitar. For the first time I decided to play on my keyboard what I wanted the vocal melody to sound like. normally I just will sing what I think would sound ok. This made a big difference. I suck at singing, and I was trying not to be loud in my dorm so I think I will eventually rerecord the vocal. I don't go for serious topics and I was thinking about how I like badminton so I wrote about badminton.... Tell me what you think.

www.gphan.com/music/badminton.mp3

On another note : I got my first tape op magazine last month. Very awesome =)

texlop
pushin' record

Re: A silly song..."Badminton"

Post by texlop » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:20 pm

Yeah this place rocks. I come here at least once a day to see whats going on.

Nice song, It brings a whole new passion towards Badminton. I love that game I've been trying to get my sister to play with me but she won't. Maybe I should show her this song.
For some good new music check out The Medusas

listen to some of their Mp3's at Pure Volume

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:53 pm

texlop wrote:Yeah this place rocks. I come here at least once a day to see whats going on.

Nice song, It brings a whole new passion towards Badminton. I love that game I've been trying to get my sister to play with me but she won't. Maybe I should show her this song.
Thanks. I want to start a badminton club at my college, but all the people I talk to think i'm a "faggot" because I like badminton. So many people here that have to keep the "cool" image and do "cool" stuff. Motha f'ers :(

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Post by Dr. Sausage » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:02 pm

I rerecorded the vocals, and compressed the hell out of them. Are they compressed too much? I think I did 5:1

dougo
pushin' record

Post by dougo » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:15 pm

strat0tele wrote:
texlop wrote:Yeah this place rocks. I come here at least once a day to see whats going on.

Thanks. I want to start a badminton club at my college, but all the people I talk to think i'm a "faggot" because I like badminton. So many people here that have to keep the "cool" image and do "cool" stuff. Motha f'ers :(
Shhhhhh! Keep it quiet... Badminton rocks, let's keep this secret. Pretty soon everybody will jump on the Badminton wagon. I have skated and surfed my whole life and the way you see that commercial crap on tv all the time makes me want to puke. Badminton is the truest of punk sports. Try playing outdoors in high wind conditions. Birdie darting around like some drunk sparrow in the air. It takes sheer guts to follow the little bastards flight.

Besides, think how much fun it will be setting the trend instead of following it. I think next summer I will take the bird to the beach and raise holy hell. Feel free to PM me if you are ever in SD. I'll buy you a pint and show you our local Badminton supply shop. It's right across the street from the beach next to a biker bar if you can believe it!

Cheers,
dougo
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997