My first ever analog recording.

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

My first ever analog recording.

Post by MichaelAlan » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:55 pm

the first I have done with the Tascam. I would love some suggestions on the mix! Also... Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of noise?

www.istramusic.com/images/Highabove.mp3

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Re: My first ever analog recording.

Post by dynomike » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:45 pm

I see you're getting desperate and double posting in the regular forum. So I'll reply here :)

The drums sound good, but the snare seems a little loud. I can't honestly hear the noise at a regular volume, without headphones, while my brother and his fiance are doing dishes.

The vocals are good, but I'd turn em up and maybe add some broadening effects? They sound a touch too "focused". Actually that would be my general comment. The bass should be bigger too.

Sounds pretty good for a "first ever" analog mix I guess.. I don't have an analog deck so what do I know. Does Crowder really sing that high in the original? I haven't heard it,.. .but have heard him, and he doesn't seem like the kind who would.

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Re: My first ever analog recording.

Post by MichaelAlan » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:43 pm

Hey thanks for the honesty...and for pointing out my desperation. The snare IS loud. I noticed after I posted it. What do you mean by broadening? a verb maybe? Some backups?

Oh ya, the original Crowder version isn't really anthing like that. I changed it a littlewhile performing for a youth group.

Also, My drummer just laid down a random beat, then I had to arrange a song around it. That was the only one I could think of with that beat.