Closed Project...finally!

therealme4
audio school graduate

Closed Project...finally!

Post by therealme4 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:36 pm

Hey All,

I've been reading this board for a while, but have only posted occasional questions, but finally I have something for everyone to hear! I just received my band's debut CD after sending it to Ball Media to get pressed. There's mp3 audio samples of a few songs on our website (http://www.parkwaysouth.com).

Our CD was recorded in my garage/basement with Cakewalk Sonar and a Mackie 1202 VLZ (no Pro) primarily. I bought a MOTU 896 towards the end of the recording session (it took almost a year!). I used relatively cheap mics for everything Shure ksm27 on vox, Shure sm57 on drums, guitars, etc. This was my first recording experience hence all the cheap gear. However, my friends Ken Adessa (KenToThink on TapeOP) and James DeRose from TwinReverb Sound mixed and mastered the disc and did an excellent job at cleaning up the sound.

So...give them a listen and let me know what you think. If you'd like to buy one PM me or Email me at theband@parkwaysouth.com.

Thanks for reading this far!
"I am the greatest Keith Moon style drummer in the world!" - Keith Moon

therealme4
audio school graduate

Re: Closed Project...finally!

Post by therealme4 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:14 pm

by the way...you have to go to the "lyrics" page or the studio page for the links

dougo
pushin' record

Post by dougo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:00 pm

On "Apology" I liked the way the vocals seemed more out front. Also next time put the whole song on.

Congrats!

dougo
"To live on the land, one must learn from the sea." Jacques-Yves Cousteau
1910-1997

therealme4
audio school graduate

Post by therealme4 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:30 pm

They're quick samples I know...sorry. I'm short on web space right now. On our "studio" page there's a hidden link to a full song.