foood. foooooooood. foooooooooood!

Zygomorph
pushin' record

foood. foooooooood. foooooooooood!

Post by Zygomorph » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:43 pm

No vocals on this one yet, I'm just making test mixes. This is a band (Foood) at my school that I'm recording with on rare occasions.

http://members.cox.net/cellofellow/natalie3.mp3

I know I always want to know what other people use when they record, so here goes:

Tracking: Ramsa wr-s4412 to DA-88 @ 48khz.
Mixing: (ProTools HD for playback only into a) Mackie d8b to an Otari MX5050 1/4".

Um. I guess I won't give ALL of the details unless someone really wants to know.

This was recorded in a bedroom. I still can't do kickdrum sounds the way I want. I'll have to experiment more.

Oh, and I did all sorts of fun calibration stuff with the Otari and ended up slamming the mix to 456 into the red anyway. Please excuse the tizzy cymbals; I got a bit carried away brightening the mix on its way back from tape. But for the immense reverb on the snare, I provide no apologies.

Zygomorph
pushin' record

Re: foood. foooooooood. foooooooooood!

Post by Zygomorph » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:26 pm

I know it's a pretty square mix/song, but I forgot to ask for feedback. Specifically, does the kick and bass seem to subliminal? I feel like the whole thing is remarkable in that it is completely unremarkable; nothing stands out. Still. I'd like to know how it comes across.