A little ditty...

waitingroom
gimme a little kick & snare

A little ditty...

Post by waitingroom » Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:24 am

not about Jack and Diane unfortunately. Sometimes I get an idea in my head and I just HAVE to do it. This certain day, I wanted to record something with brushed drums and acoustic guitar. So I thought I'd just record a simple 4 chord acoustic part and see what I could do with the brushed drums. Details as follows:

Drums - just a snare, hi hat, and kick -- Crappy Gretsch Blackhawk with a snare head in dire need of a replacement.

Acoustic Guitar - Martin Sigma

Electric Guitar - Epiphone LP100

Bass - Fender Squire

My recording setup is very modest: Fostex MR-8, Behringer UB1002, MXL990, EV 635A, ATR30, Behringer ECM8000, and N-Track to mix with. On the drums I used the ATR30 on the snare and the MXL for an overhead. For some reason I used the EV on the acoustic, just as a little experiment. Electric was DI and the Bass was too. The kick sound has this mid-range thing going on, but I kinda like it. It reminds me of 70's AM radio.

Ignore the sloppiness of the song cause I am not any sort of a drummer or a bassist and I don't play to a click or scratch track or anything like that. I am also a reverb-whore.

All comments are gladly welcome.

http://users.marshall.edu/~pennington26 ... hDeath.mp3

TimorousMe
audio school graduate

Re: A little ditty...

Post by TimorousMe » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Thats pretty cool. I find myself in projects that sound like this a lot. I can't really judge the mix on these laptop speakers but it's a cool song.

p.s. I'm a HUGE Fugazi fan. I almost picked that user name for me. Normally I'm Arpeggiator on message boards I frequent.
Talk to me if your into D.I.Y. punk/indie/hiphop...etc

jake-owa
alignin' 24-trk

Re: A little ditty...

Post by jake-owa » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:17 pm

I am the planet's HUGEST Fugazi fan, you and all your friends together couldn't even come close to touching the love I have for that band. I founded the Fugazi international religion for repeaters. Top THAT!

Hehe

Anyhow, cool tune. Am I hearing the drums on the left a bit?