ISTRA's latest.

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

ISTRA's latest.

Post by MichaelAlan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:05 pm

Check it. Let me know what you think. Don't care that much? Awesome, let's go make a snowman!

www.istramusic.com/allalright.mp3

glagola1
gimme a little kick & snare

Re: ISTRA's latest.

Post by glagola1 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:14 pm

Man, I don't envy you having to record that kind of music. Not that there is anything wrong with it. It's just that it's so stylized and there is a certain way it should sound... if you aiming for that.

It's a lot easier to just record the instruments the way they sound and see what happens with the mix.

I don't really know how to do any of that style recording so I can't offer much except that the bass guitar seems to plow every thing down occasionaly.

Over all it sounds pretty decent though.

Matt

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:14 pm

We don't wanna be decent. We wanna sound like Disturbed.

Mike

texlop
pushin' record

Post by texlop » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:59 pm

Sounds pretty Good. The Drums need to be brought way out. A lot of Mainstream stuff like Disturbed always have drums out there with the guitars in this song they seem a little buried especially the snare.

Why disturbed? Musically they are good I just don't like their singer, But that is the beauty of taste in your own music.
For some good new music check out The Medusas

listen to some of their Mp3's at Pure Volume

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:35 am

C'mon now. You couldn't see my sarcastic tone? i guess I was typing so seriously.

Disturbed is the worst band in the world no matter what anyone says. i was being sarcastic. We just wanna sound like us. 8)

Mike

dynomike
carpal tunnel

Post by dynomike » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:21 pm

texlop wrote:Sounds pretty Good. The Drums need to be brought way out. A lot of Mainstream stuff like Disturbed always have drums out there with the guitars in this song they seem a little buried especially the snare.

Why disturbed? Musically they are good I just don't like their singer, But that is the beauty of taste in your own music.
Are you kidding about the snare? It pops like crazy! I could use a bigger snare and kick personally... they seem a little focused and pop out rather than being a broader sound...

I know, kick in this style is supposed to be tiny. But for it to sound big, it needs to lock with a fat, low bass. I'd work on getting a thicker bass sound and just getting the playing to lock in closer to the bass. Overall it sounds pretty good, (far as I can tell with the bad mp3) but I think it needs just tighter playing overall to take it to the next level.

The guitars sound good, but it would be cool to occassionally have some phaser/delay stuff going on to widen the sound I guess. Same deal on vocals. This style, imo, likes lots of processing, so go nuts! :)

Anyway, sounds pretty loud and mean.. which is a good start, I'd just work on tightening the rhythm of the playing, make the bass and snare a little bigger, and futz with some effects!

Mike
Making Efforts and Forging Ahead Courageously! Keeping Honest and Making Innovations Perpetually!

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:20 pm

To tell you the truth..I hate this recording. We have just been stalling on the new record for so long I wanted to put something up. If you want my crackalackin snare secret PM me.

Mike