critique my mixes

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

critique my mixes

Post by EasyGo » Mon May 12, 2003 2:38 pm

Here are a couple of tunes I recorded and mixed. I am new to mixing and don't have much of a monitoring system, so please offer your constructive criticism.

[url]http://indoor_boy.tripod.com/htm/tapeopmp3.htm[/url]

Just for fun, also on the page is a sequenced beat made of real drums and Jensen DI bass, and a coupla photos of my perpetual basement construction zone.

Cheers all,

Don

markpar
george martin

Re: critique my mixes

Post by markpar » Mon May 12, 2003 10:07 pm

On "Absolute Zero", I found it a little hard to hear the cymbals, especially the ride. If you could bring them out a little more, I think it would help.

"Domelight" - Man, that Farfisa is killin' me. It's great! Also, maybe compress the guitars a little bit so that the feedback doesn't jump out quite so much (unless that's what you're goin' for :)).

"Box Beats" - I like it a lot. Especially when the drummer goes to the ride. That just makes it groove.

My $0.02,
-mark

EasyGo
buyin' a studio

Re: critique my mixes

Post by EasyGo » Wed May 14, 2003 8:12 am

Hey Mark, thanks for listening!

Yeah, I think you're right about the cymbals. A friend suggested tightening up the kick a bit and bringing the vocals down. All good suggestions.

This stuff is going on an album with tracks from a real studio, so I want these mixes to sound as good as possible.

I appreciate the feedback!

Don