Meryll - You've Got Cousins thoughts?

theposterkid
gettin' sounds

Meryll - You've Got Cousins thoughts?

Post by theposterkid » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:22 pm

Ok, so my band just finished our very first full-length album... a little label in the Houston area (Esotype Records) is putting it out.

It was recorded entirely in the upstairs of your average suburban house.

Digi 001
Presonus M80
C4000 on vocals, acoustic guitars, room mics for drums
Those little sennheiser drum mics on toms/snare
57 & 421 on kick
C4000 & 421 on guitar amps
All bass guitar was direct...a rickenbacker through the sansamp

On "Classy" & "To Touch" I played some synths straight out of Tracktion, out of my edirol ua-1000 interface and into his preamp.

Except for the last track, all the reverb on the vocals is natural from the stone/wood entryway of the house.

Many of the samples you hear are home-made and tweaked with vst effects in tracktion, then loaded in sync in his pro tools rig. There is more text about each song specifically at our site.

It was tracked and mixed completely at the house, but mastered at a nice studio in Houston... crane song/manley/Sadie computer setup...

I set up an MP3 (argh) player on our site...at like 128kbps.. I wish I could upload something of higher quality, but alas....

Feel free to listen to the entire album at http://www.meryll.net

Feels so good to have it in the can, and to be able to just start thinking about playing live again and of course, writing the next album.

woo hoo

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Re: Meryll - You've Got Cousins thoughts?

Post by comfortstarr » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:39 pm

Very nice stuff, both in song and in recording. Thanks for posting.

theposterkid
gettin' sounds

Re: Meryll - You've Got Cousins ---> thoughts?

Post by theposterkid » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:56 pm

Thanks a lot for taking a listen! It is much appreciated.... after all the time put into it, it's very rewarding just to have someone HEAR it, whether they like it or not. :lol:

theposterkid
gettin' sounds

Re: Meryll - You've Got Cousins thoughts?

Post by theposterkid » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:34 pm

On a side note:

I thought I would try you all first since we are somewhat acquainted with each other, and I know there is a handful of decent bands on here.

We're setting up a few dates on the way to Cornerstone this year:

Mon. June 27th - Tulsa, OK
Tue. June 28th - St. Louis, MO
Tue. July 5th - Chicago, IL
Wed. July 6th - Lansing, MI
Thu. July 7th - Saginaw, MI
Sat. July 9th - Memphis, TN

We are a 4-piece band, but are able to play either coffeeshops or normal venues. We can be pretty "quiet" as we sometimes use a minimalist drum setup, acoustic guitars, and keyboards. No place is too small for us. You can get a better idea by listening to our new album here: http://www.meryll.net

Also, in Austin we play quite frequently at the Red Eyed Fly (a block from Sixth Street, next door to Stubbs), and a coffeeshop called La Tazza Fresca. We can definitely do a show trade for anyone who would like to help us out that might be coming through Austin in June or July or even into the fall.

You can email us at booking@meryll.net or call (817) 938-0920. Thanks for reading this.