Mellow Groove Tune...Let me know what you think...

Robertt8
gimme a little kick & snare

Mellow Groove Tune...Let me know what you think...

Post by Robertt8 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:14 pm

First Post Here...

I just stumbled upon this site, and this looks like a great board with some great advice, so I figured that I'd post one of my tunes here for public trashing...

http://bob.birdsallinteractive.com/03.So_Cold.mp3

It's a pretty mellow tune with a bit of a groove done on acoustic guitar with bass, drums and vocals. I think the bass needs some work, and the rim shot is a bit loud.

Let me know what you think of if you've got any other suggestions.

Thanks people!
Tait

Robertt8

Re: Mellow Groove Tune...Let me know what you think...

Post by Robertt8 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:00 am

my song is lonely with no responses. feel free to rip this thing appart people.

Everybody's X
re-cappin' neve

Post by Everybody's X » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:10 pm

This song has an infectious chorus, I've been singing it all day, which is certainly a good sign. I am not in love with the verses, but just because they might be a little pitchyand pretty wordy. But as far as the tones they sound pretty good.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:22 pm

personally i don't like the singing at all... but that's just me. no offense!

i do like the guitars though. especially in the intro. nice harmonies with that. nice job.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:27 pm

by the way, i listened to the other songs in that director... "Roll with the punches" is a nice song, to me a lot better in this style.

Robertt8

Post by Robertt8 » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:54 am

EVERYBODY'S X: Hey thanks for listening! I'm glad it stuck in your head...I guess that is a good thing. I was trying to do a heavy contrast between the verses and the chorus, so I've got the choppy, kind of monotonous verses followed by a more melodic choruses. Thanks!

BLUEPXL: Thanks for checking this out! No offence taken...To each their own...everyone's allowed to like or hate anything they want, as far as I'm concerned. But, I am glad you liked geeeetars at the beginning. Oh, and I'm glad you liked at least one of my other tunes (roll with the punches). Thanks!

leftoverking
gettin' sounds

Post by leftoverking » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:40 pm

I don't mind your vocals at all. Sounds good man. Kind of reminds me of T-Rex a bit, one of my faves. Can't deny your own voice, It's the one your born with. I personally enjoy hearing the diferences in the way people around the world use their voices. No two are the same, and that's what keeps it interesting!!! Nice song too. Like the shakers.

Lefty

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:16 am

Yeah - I like the chorus too. The 3rd chord is where it happens, imo. Dunno about the arrangement - you weren't tempted to go for a final chorus after the break part? Haha - y'know, daytime radio unit-shifting mix? I like the steeliness of the accoustic too - how come you didn't go for something more like a solo in the break part?

Your voice is fine, imo. I like it. The whole thing's good. Strong melody - that's what counts for me in this kinda sound.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

Robertt8

Post by Robertt8 » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:44 pm

LEFTOVERKING: Hey thanks! I think that's the first time I've been compared to T-Rex, but I'm cool with that...Those guys were awesome! Thanks! By the way, I LOVE shakers for some reason. I try and squish them into every song...but alas, not every tune sounds good with a shaker. Thanks!

BOBBYDJ: Thanks for listening as well!. I changed up the arrangement on this one. I was tired of all the verse chorus, verse chorus solo chorus thing. Soloing is not my strong suit. I'm more of a song writer/rhythm guitarist. I'll throw in a little jam here or there, but nothing I really care about. I'm more about the song as a whole. Thanks for checking it out!

Robertt8

Post by Robertt8 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:46 pm

any other comments on this puppy?