Is Bush About To Be Impeached?

bedbug
buyin' a studio

Re: Is Bush About To Be Impeached?

Post by bedbug » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:41 pm

Here's yet another resignation. Seems to come at a suspicious time. Going on tour to promote his book, my ass!

the velour fog
buyin' a studio

Post by the velour fog » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:51 pm

W. is in my town tonight, throwing a $1000 a plate fundraiser. i'll try to ask him what's going on. anyone want to give me $1000.
"Set Phasers to Extra Slow."

schnozzle
buyin' gear

Post by schnozzle » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:32 am

Yeah, I think this is just wishful thinking, personally. I'd be nice, but I'm dubious.

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:08 pm

Wouldn't it be the hardest thing in the world to be on the Secret Service? Have to take a bullet for a guy you don't even like. Also, the security for stuff like this would just be intense.

Also, did you guys hear about Putin saying that Saddam had terrorist aspirations? Kind of interesting. Anyone know much about it? Apparently Bush still insists on a link between Al Qaida and Saddam, even though the independent 9/11 commision said there wasn't any evidence. What really bugs me is that nobody is taking seriously the fact that Bush either LIED about very important stuff or was horribly cavalier about what he told the American people (possibly worse than lying).
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:12 pm

I think the whole impeachment thing is wishful thinking, mostly. Not to say that they didn't do anything wrong, just that it is not likely that they will ever be really forced to own up to it. Keep in mind, these people will do anything to stay in power, they're not going to let everything go and start cleaning out their desks just because somebody accuses them of doing something wrong. Remember, way back in Florida, these people were the ones who gave us the first ever case in the history of American jurisprudence where the purpose of the suit in court was to STOP people from counting votes in an election.
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

DoubleDownSound
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by DoubleDownSound » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:30 am

you cannot impeach that which was not elected
Don't judge Texas by one person who claims to be a Texan...

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:36 am

DoubleDownSound wrote:you cannot impeach that which was not elected
I wonder if that'd be his defense?
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:09 pm

andrew embassy wrote:
Also, did you guys hear about Putin saying that Saddam had terrorist aspirations? Kind of interesting. Anyone know much about it?
Sure he may have said that. So what? I wouldn't be surprised if he also had aspirations of collaborating with Yanni on a soundtrack for his life.

Monkeyfist
re-cappin' neve

Post by Monkeyfist » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:54 pm

I think the hardest part of the secret service is that you would have to stand by and hear all of the crap that goes on and have no opinion about it what so ever, let alone do anything about it. And the Bullet part to I suppose.
If you have legs and are on fire you are never blocking a fire exit.

M. Hedberg R.I.P.

www.10lblibido.com
www.hotlaundry.net
www.myspace.com/10lblibido
www.myspace.com/hotlaundry

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:50 am

andrew embassy wrote: Also, did you guys hear about Putin saying that Saddam had terrorist aspirations? Kind of interesting. Anyone know much about it? Apparently Bush still insists on a link between Al Qaida and Saddam, even though the independent 9/11 commision said there wasn't any evidence. What really bugs me is that nobody is taking seriously the fact that Bush either LIED about very important stuff or was horribly cavalier about what he told the American people (possibly worse than lying).
Well, Putin and Saddam were better/closer allies before his demise then al-Qaida and Saddam. This fact has much documentation, and is part of the reason for the invasion in the first place. The usually subservient Saddam looked for new cronies. It's much more plausable that Saddam would scratch Putin's back regarding the put down of Chechnian-Muslim rebels considering the joint ventures Russia and Iraq were about to take on when it came to Oil. But this is never talked about.

Regarding al-Quadia ties to Saddam, or more clearly, Mujahdeen, it's next to impossible. They have been completely consistent and clear about their targets since 1981 and much more so since they pushed Russia out of Afgahnistan. And one of those targets, one they get much regional support about, was Saddam as well as other repressive regimes in the area (they assasinated the Egyption president who even supported their exsistance!).

I'm tired of hearing about the 9/11 - Saddam link. It's just completely implausable.
boobs are life's fountain

penelec
steve albini likes it

Post by penelec » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:36 pm

He won't be impeached; he'll be deified as the motherfucking messiah.

junokane
pushin' record

Post by junokane » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:53 am

I only hope that a brouhaha is in the making. I am always suspicious of the media, from the NY Times to the most crackpot conspiracy theorist's blog and everything in between, I must add.

I'll also add this link and article into the mix -- according to the Boston Phoenix, there's some ass-covering going on in the White House.

http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/new ... 917078.asp

FYI, Harvey Silvergate is a prominent Boston-area attorney who writes about legal issues for the Phoenix. I'd characterize him as definitely liberal, but iron-clad in his sources and fact-stating.
Juno Kane
---------------------------------------------------
used to be nobody did, but now people are starting to tell me squat