blank CD packaging

kingquasar
alignin' 24-trk

blank CD packaging

Post by kingquasar » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:39 pm

Does anybody have a good source for digipaks without any printing on them. Or even those cardboard sleeves (Chicago people- like fireproof used to use)? I keep searching around the internet and all I can ever find are jewel cases, clamshells, or mailing supplies. Bonus points if they come in kraft. Thanks in advance.

-kQ

psychicoctopus
buyin' a studio

Re: blank CD packaging

Post by psychicoctopus » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:53 pm

try www.bagsunlimited.com. I haven't purchased from them but I did notice that they sell the cardboard and trays for making digipaks. One would have to print on the cardboard, fold it, and glue in the tray. Looks like a money-saver. Anybody else gone this route?

I just looked at their website and found the digi-pak trays but not the cardboard. They for sure offer the cardboard in their printed mailer.
Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols

gravy boat
takin' a dinner break

Post by gravy boat » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:45 am

Go to www.discmarket.com. They have blank white or black digipacks. I've thought about going that route and having stickers made that would wrap around the digipack, in effect creating a sealed package.
I'm a drinking man with a guitar problem.

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:55 am

We get our kraft paper disc envelopes from a place called Calumet Carton in South Holland, Il. I don't have a website, but maybe give them a call:

(708) 333-6521

We know a real talented silkscreen guy that prints up designs on Avery adhesive backed stock. We cut the stock and apply them to the covers. Simple, cheap, and pretty good looking...
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

kingquasar
alignin' 24-trk

Post by kingquasar » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:40 pm

Cool, thanks for the leads. After doing a little research on my own, I found out that Fireproof Press got their sleeves from Calumet Carton, too. I did find their website, but got the impression that you had to order A LOT. Though they look like a very cool company.

For any of you other DIYers, I found a place that makes custom rubber stamps like you find at the craft store. Not just text, but any line drawing you send them.

http://www.creativemode.com/custom.htm

Haven't tried them out, yet, but I imagine that with a little planning, you could do some pretty awesome short runs. If you haven't been to the craft store in awhile, they have a ton of different inks for stamping... meatllics, glow-in-the-dark, etc.

-kQ