my first cd review

bellulah
gettin' sounds

my first cd review

Post by bellulah » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:51 pm

okay, i have nothing real to say. i just wanted to share with anyone who has ever felt like this before...

i just got my first cd review! the reviewer steered clear of saying whether or not anything was "great" or "sucked," but there were two things i was really tickeled by:

1) the line "cites the indie pop of Iron and Wine and the Fountains of Wayne as influences, but he takes a more straightforward approach." how more direct to powerpop do you get than FOW? that's cool - this guy thinks i found a way!

2) the reviewer added that "thehidden track at the album's end might be the disc's best tune ? it has more of an edge to it and resembles the power pop of Weezer." to a guy who does powerpop, to be even mentioned in the same sentence as weezer is fucking amazing.

so i'm pretty excited. and i just wanted to share. any cleveland area tape opppers, i'm playing sat jan 29 at the winchester in lakewood and wed feb 2 at the barking spider. come say hey!

thanks for letting me be excited!!
josh

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Re: my first cd review

Post by Rigsby » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:30 am

Congratulations :D
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

thenumber
steve albini likes it

Re: my first cd review

Post by thenumber » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:48 pm

thats cool!

my bands first review said we were somewhere in between Black Heart Procession (piano indie pop) and Bog Log III (slide guitar guy). The demo that got the review was like, progressive hardcore with tons of screaming and loud screetchy synths, hehehehe