Anyone here want to leave the country? (or lives in another)

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Anyone here want to leave the country? (or lives in anot

Post by wing » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:51 am

magritte wrote:PS. Joe Hamilton - It's easy to say you're going to stay and change what you can, but it's also easy to forget about it and go on with life - chances are, in a week everyone will be apathetic. Not making a judgement, just an observation there.
well i should hope those of you passionate enough to flee the country would actually be the ones with the passion to stay and change. i hope so.

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:51 am

if you give up now W. will win. pressure should be kept on. this honestly isn't over. instead of saying leave the country...start seeing how you can help in Ohio. Kerry was raising money for the post-election fight a month ago. see where you can contribute. see what you can sign.

Bush is not fighting fair and never has...when a bully knocks you down, don't leave town...get up and kick his ass.

yeesh. no offense - but you brothers are not down for the cause.

east of eden. i loved the blood sucking whore...

Mike

edit:
Statement from Kerry Campaign Manager Mary Beth Cahill on Ohio:
"The vote count in Ohio has not been completed. There are more than 250,000 remaining votes to be counted. We believe when they are, John Kerry will win Ohio."

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:56 am

Why would W winning make everyone want to run away? What's the matter with you people? If Bush did indeed win, it's only a sign that the watered down kerry campaign wasn't even close to the kind of changes this country needs. 4 more yrs to dig in and mobilize.
beware bee wear

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:57 am

I posted to a similar topic in OT and I gotta say that I am disenchanted with all the folks that seem to be ready to cut and run after this. It is definitely not the outcome I was hoping for, but the phrase 'a winner never quits and a quitter never wins' keeps dancing through my head.

We're Americans, and if we don't like what that means shouldn't we be making plans to help change that in whaever way we can instead of making plans for a permanent vaction?
New music: www.sadironmusic.com

Studio site: www.sadironstudio.com

Novel website: www.sadironpress.com

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:02 am

Some may be worried about a draft.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:04 am

https://contribute.johnkerry.com/gelac.html?team=4617

This is where you can contribute: 5/ 10 bucks. whatever.

i'll tell you - it is interesting to be living in a state where all the votes aren't in by a long shot and see the population walking around and talking like someone has won.

Mike

magritte
re-cappin' neve

Post by magritte » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:05 am

Honestly I'm disenchanted with the people in this country. Last night I realized that I live in an educated/rich area of the country (near nyc) and assume that everyone is smart enough to realize that Bush didn't have positive change in any single area, and would vote for change. I was way off in that assumption. I don't even know this country.

This idea that you can stay in fight for change is silly - John Kerry, who has millions of dollars, just tried that. Also I don't want to spend my life fighting (and I doubt many of you do), I want to spend it living and enjoying myself and others (and recording!). To tell someone to stay and fight is a cliche. Unfortunately, it seems almost impossible to leave this country (ah, freedom). Take a look at the following link:

http://harpers.org/ElectingToLeave.html
Thank you, Mario, but our princess is in another castle.

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:05 am

Jason, and others above: Right On!

That is why I posted that I would stay and fight. I really have been for years, and wont stop. I dont need to be a teen about it and throw a brick, I will continue to vote, donate money to the causes I feel are important, be an active member of society, and simply live my life as well as I can.

The more voters and good people we lose to other countries, the less chance we would ever have to make a difference. Fight or flight, I have always chosen FIGHT.

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:10 am

magritte wrote:Honestly I'm disenchanted with the people in this country. Last night I realized that I live in an educated/rich area of the country (near nyc) and assume that everyone is smart enough to realize that Bush didn't have positive change in any single area, and would vote for change. I was way off in that assumption. I don't even know this country.

This idea that you can stay in fight for change is silly - John Kerry, who has millions of dollars, just tried that. Also I don't want to spend my life fighting (and I doubt many of you do), I want to spend it living and enjoying myself and others (and recording!). To tell someone to stay and fight is a cliche. Unfortunately, it seems almost impossible to leave this country (ah, freedom). Take a look at the following link:

Well, I suppose that's your perogative, but one man's cliche is another man's call to action. I'm just feel that this is also symptomatic of the problem. I'm not planning to give up my day job and become a crusader for liberty or anything, I'm just not going to cut and run.
New music: www.sadironmusic.com

Studio site: www.sadironstudio.com

Novel website: www.sadironpress.com

joeysimms

Post by joeysimms » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:12 am

magritte wrote:Honestly I'm disenchanted with the people in this country. Last night I realized that I live in an educated/rich area of the country (near nyc) and assume that everyone is smart enough to realize that Bush didn't have positive change in any single area, and would vote for change. I was way off in that assumption. I don't even know this country.

The fucking leave. We don't need chumps like you. Seriously, do you have a family to provide for? Do you have ideals and morals, and the conviction to do the right thing according to those ideals and morals? If not, get the fuck out. You just want someone to baby you..
beware bee wear

magritte
re-cappin' neve

Post by magritte » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:17 am

jasonlewis wrote:Well, I suppose that's your perogative, but one man's cliche is another man's call to action. I'm just feel that this is also symptomatic of the problem. I'm not planning to give up my day job and become a crusader for liberty or anything, I'm just not going to cut and run.
It's just impossible to change peoples minds. Bush didn't have one positive piece of data in any major area. Look at the states bush won last time, and look at the states he won this time. It just says that people refuse to change. John Kerry, who has a lot more money and resources than I do, couldn't get through to these people. Contributing tax dollars (out of my hard earned paycheck) to these people gives me agida (sp?). It's no way to live, and there is no change in sight. If I donate money to good causes, they will just have more money to spend on not winning. Sure, this is cynical and jaded, but it's really hard not to be in my position.
Sometimes it's best for everyone to make a clean split. The idea to stay and fight isn't always a good one - if you look around in nature, it ends in death about 50% of the time.

magritte
re-cappin' neve

Post by magritte » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:19 am

joeysimms wrote:The fucking leave. We don't need chumps like you. Seriously, do you have a family to provide for? Do you have ideals and morals, and the conviction to do the right thing according to those ideals and morals? If not, get the fuck out. You just want someone to baby you..
I want to leave you dolt, that's why I'm trying to get information. Way to turn the thread from a conversation into a meathead argument where you're yelling slogans at me.

joeysimms

Post by joeysimms » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:24 am

I'm responding directly to your "you can't change anything.." speech.

But, oh well, good luck to you magritte. I'm sure you'll do just swell wherever you drag your sill;y defeatist attitude.
beware bee wear

magritte
re-cappin' neve

Post by magritte » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:27 am

joeysimms wrote:I'm responding directly to your "you can't change anything.." speech.
Yeah I know what you're responding to but it didn't make sense. You flipped out for no reason. I can't change america - I'm sorry that disappoints you. It seems like you're misdirecting your energy and anger at me, when you could spend it fighting for these causes you claim I should be fighting for.

joeysimms

Post by joeysimms » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:31 am

I'm sorry, I flip out when otherwise intelligent, thinking, artistic people like yourself are so quick to bail.

In other words, this country will be better if more of us stay. Period.
beware bee wear