Favorite Video Game SONGS!!! (pre N64)

Dr. Sausage
gettin' sounds

Re: Favorite Video Game SONGS!!! (pre N64)

Post by Dr. Sausage » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:22 pm

drmorbius wrote:No contest. Mega Man fucking 2.
+ Airman :twisted:

Bear
deaf.

Post by Bear » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:47 am

Super Metroid. Final Fantasy 3 (6). Zelda. Castlevania. Chrono Trigger. All are awesome.
I used to live with a classical musician who always said "Never listen to Japanese composers, their always terrible." I would say "What about video game music? Its the best music ever because its designed to be listened to for hours on end with out getting annoying. All brilliant.
Nobuo Uematsu's music is so good it hurts. That guy can go jump in a lake. A lake full of syringes and machine guns.
I am wangtacular.

DoubleDownSound
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by DoubleDownSound » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:38 am

You all are a bunch of wet behind the ears snot-nosed punks... all too young to know that the greatest video game groove of all time is MOON PATROL, period.
Don't judge Texas by one person who claims to be a Texan...

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:49 am

DoubleDownSound wrote:You all are a bunch of wet behind the ears snot-nosed punks... all too young to know that the greatest video game groove of all time is MOON PATROL, period.
Oh believe me, I know Moon Patrol. Many years playing that on the C64... it really was quite the jam.

You know, the thing that saddens me, is that video game music as we know it will be totally unknown even 20 years from now. Our kids and their kids will have no idea what we're talking about. Video games even today, and especially in their day, will just be plain music. A lot of video games these days use orchestra recordings or even bands, because they can. "Video game sounds" and "video game songs" like we grew up on, all dinky and awesome sounding, will be forever lost. It's just sad, because it was capable in and of itself of being a totally unique genre, but instead will be lost with history.

Keep it alive. I like this site because it has a lot of musicians making music with gameboys and video game sounds: http://www.micromusic.net

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:40 am

Reactor (circa 1982)

klov.com says:

Most people remember Reactor for its attract mode music, which is a series of guitar riffs synthesized using distortion. Hitting any button in attract mode will cause Reactor to blast its awesome music.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 am

SPY HUNTER blows all the rest away!!

buts thats a real song like MarioBros which also RULES!!

so do sequenced digi versions of real songs count then ?