a cry out for a history lesson

clamp
alignin' 24-trk

a cry out for a history lesson

Post by clamp » Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:01 am

Recently I nabbed some 'Fairchild' pre-amps at a junk electronics store. Few people knew what these were. I recognized the name from the famed compressor. So I gambled the low price and came to find out from very few sources what they were.
A long time ago I bought a frac-rack with eight channels of mic pres each with Beyerdynamic brand transformers . The rack is branded 'Voice-matic'. Lately I've seen old Langevin stuff on ebay with these same transformers.
So here's my big idea: Can anyone offer a substantial history of the famous companies we know manufacture quality equipment and the history of who they may have outsourced to. Is my 'Voicematic' box made by Langevin? Also was the 'Fairchild' who made the 'Integra' germanium solid-state based console the same 'Fairchild' who made the famed 660 and 670?

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Re: a cry out for a history lesson

Post by trashy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:16 am

I think if you posted this over in General you'd get a better response. The off-topic guy's don't know shit about recording. I've never recorded before, and I'm not even sure what that is. If you've any questions on food (especially peanut butter, pancakes, and/or Taco Bell), girls (especially those with boobs), or whatever might be on television (especially those shows which appear on "tellies" -as the locals call them- on some rainy far-away island nation) then we're the men (and maybe a couple of women) for you. Personally, I've grown to love the seven layer burrito.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:23 am

you haven't truly had a burrito; no-- you haven't truly LIVED, until you've had a real TEXMEX burrito at a taqueria here in town.

delicious burritos about the size of a small child, for usually about $2-4. best food EVER.

hey trashy, what's this 'recording' thing you're talking about?

let's get together and exchange recipes... perhaps do some crocheting even!

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:56 am

Wing, you should really do a search of this forum. I've already discussed my love of taqueria burritos here: http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3496

I had one at Tacos de Acapulco last night after band practice. Er, I mean, knitting class.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:25 am

trashy wrote:Wing, you should really do a search of this forum. I've already discussed my love of taqueria burritos here: http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3496

I had one at Tacos de Acapulco last night after band practice. Er, I mean, knitting class.
yes, there are taquerias everywhere. but there is nothing like a TexMex taqueria. seriously. it's awesome.

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:47 am

Whatever. Everyone knows about Chico burritos, so I don't need to bring it up again. I'm pretty sure this is where burritos were born. You could feed a family of eight for $3 at Tacopulco (as the locals like to call it). I will die to defend the honor of the great food we have here. You should really do a search of this forum I already discussed this here:
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=1036

Just in case you missed it:
All y'alls burrito talk is b.s. 'til you come to Chico, CA and get a taste of the real deal. Burrito the size of a small dog? We call that the chico burrito around here. Everyone is broke, so no burrito over 3 bucks or under 5 pounds. That's the city's motto, swear to God. They got it on the seal, and the mayor has to put his (or her) hand on the good book and swear to it before taking office. They had to pass a city ordinance saying you can't sue a taco joint for the back pain caused by lugging one of those things around, eaten or not. The greeks haze newbees by making them eat one quarter of a Asada Burrito from Taco de Acapulco. They never finish. That little japanese world champion eater guy heard about Chico's burritos and came by for a challenge. He was never heard from again. Now you know why you don't see him on t.v. anymore. He's still at Tacos Cortez trying to finish a Vegi.
Swear to God.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:51 am

trashy wrote:Whatever. Everyone knows about Chico burritos, so I don't need to bring it up again. I'm pretty sure this is where burritos were born. You could feed a family of eight for $3 at Tacopulco (as the locals like to call it). I will die to defend the honor of the great food we have here. You should really do a search of this forum I already discussed this here:
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=1036

Just in case you missed it:
All y'alls burrito talk is b.s. 'til you come to Chico, CA and get a taste of the real deal. Burrito the size of a small dog? We call that the chico burrito around here. Everyone is broke, so no burrito over 3 bucks or under 5 pounds. That's the city's motto, swear to God. They got it on the seal, and the mayor has to put his (or her) hand on the good book and swear to it before taking office. They had to pass a city ordinance saying you can't sue a taco joint for the back pain caused by lugging one of those things around, eaten or not. The greeks haze newbees by making them eat one quarter of a Asada Burrito from Taco de Acapulco. They never finish. That little japanese world champion eater guy heard about Chico's burritos and came by for a challenge. He was never heard from again. Now you know why you don't see him on t.v. anymore. He's still at Tacos Cortez trying to finish a Vegi.
Swear to God.
hey now... i'm too lazy and busy to search for everything ever said here. why you hatin on me for lovin burritos the way i love em? can't we all just.. have a burrito? cause seriously i'm hungry, and totally craving one.

i want that man's burrito!

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:53 am

Yeah. Post this puppy in general.
I the prostitute, shall not hide...
But I was very much bothered with my work!

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:57 am

Considering I'm fighting the Flu at the moment....that Buritto looks pretty damn sick.

Pass it over here!
boobs are life's fountain

wenzel.hellgren
buyin' gear

Post by wenzel.hellgren » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:19 pm

I have to agree, Chico is the land of the mighty burrito!

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Post by aurelialuz » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:34 pm

can we just make a burrito sticky already? jesus, you fucking repetitive bastards.

and don't call my burrito gay, either.

alex
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by wayne kerr » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:19 pm

Fuck that TexMex bullshit! A real burrito is made with LARD and INSECT PARTS, just like the ones at any REAL taqueria in the San Fernanado valley!
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Lo-Fi
audio school graduate

Post by Lo-Fi » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:53 pm

There's this joint here in Baltimore called Nacho Mama's. Huge portions, dirt ass cheap, bring your own beer. The waitress' should be using wheel barrows with the size of the food that they serve. Awesome place.

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:58 pm

Dudes, last night i was really stoned and wanted (boobs)a burrito but had no beans. So i made a delicious substitute. cooked up to tofu hotdogs, sliced them down the middle, heated up a tortilla, laid out red leaf lettuce, arrange tofu dogs, covered in mustard, ketchup, veganaise, onion, jalapenos, salsa, hot cock sauce, and some avacado and a few drips of lime juice... rolled that fucker up, yes... heaven. then met up with the girl for a movie (touching the void), beer and of course boobs. I'm so stoked to ride home and make another with my remaining tofu dogs YES!!!!

madpie
pushin' record

Post by madpie » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:39 pm

The best burritos in the world are from San Diego. Carna Asada, guacamole, salsa. Nothing else is required. ... There is some decent stuff here in Los Angeles, but they use too much rice.

Farolito burrito is okay too, if you are in SF.
With my Les paul, I know I'm small.