757 maybe, just maybe, might not have hit the pentagon

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Re: 757 maybe, just maybe, might not have hit the pentagon

Post by SKEETER » Tue May 04, 2004 12:23 am

Very honestly, the morning of 9/11 a freind called me and told me to turn on the TV, just after the first plane hit WTC. I watched the entire thing up into the evening. When I first seen smoke rising from the pentagon, and they showed where something had hit it, I never imagined it could have been a plane. There was just no appearance to it that looked like a plane crash. I always thought there was something odd about the whole situation. The hole was too small for it to be a jet, but there was too much damage for it to have been a small aircraft, and there was no debree scattered about like in a plane crash.

Dingo
pushin' record

Post by Dingo » Tue May 04, 2004 7:04 am

My mom worked a couple buildings over from the pentagon. She heard it fly by. It was definately a plane.

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Post by SKEETER » Tue May 04, 2004 10:45 am

DINGO you should go to www.rense.com and send him an email telling him that, there is a debate going on there about the veracity of the accepted accounts of the event. I really think he may be interested in your input.

signorMars
re-cappin' neve

Post by signorMars » Tue May 04, 2004 5:59 pm

how many people, previous to september 11, had seen a jetliner crash into a building? i imagine it's a VERY small number... i'm sure it must have happened a few times, but not too many. so all these claims that the building wouldnt collapse like this or the damage would be different and such are moot. the physics behind it are a little odd, MAYBE. but there are tons of factors we cant know or account for. the plane was traveling at an enormous rate of speed and perhaps was already damaged. maybe thats what did it. the fact is... like previously stated... this is next to a highway... there were tons of eyewitnesses. those eyewitnesses saw a large aircraft hit the pentagon or at least, vanish in a fireball right next to the pentagon. unless you're going to use MAGIC as an explanation, that's a lot to try and argue with.

the surveillance tapes were seized because they were evidence. and while maybe you don't trust the government to conduct the investigation... i trust them over the clerks at the convenience store. who knows why they havent been released yet. i dont. you dont. maybe it's a conspiracy. maybe it's for a reason. maybe it's because it shows hundreds of people dying and we see enough of that on the news already. i'm sure the families involved are pretty tired of watching their loved ones die over and over again on television.

it's also possible that the air force DID try to shoot down the airliner. a lot of people believe the one that crashed in pennsylvania was shot down. if so, the government sure wouldnt be quick to admit firing on its own civilian airliners, even if to sacrifice hundreds of lives for thousands. the american public is not very quick to accept pragmatism when it costs lives. (for God's sake... we get mad when 50 americans die in a battle where we kill 5000...) so maybe the video showed the plane was damaged by an attempted takedown.

the point is... there is not enough evidence here to start a revolution. the limited amount of heresay and visual evidence we have available as the public doesnt really allow us to prove or disprove anything. anyone who has taken pictures knows that photos are not truth. angles and aperatures and film speeds and film types and camera quality all affect the color and shapes of the picture. no one who saw it clearly enough to say EXACTLY what happened is still alive.
---
ross ingram
[brainville]

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Tue May 04, 2004 7:05 pm

why would they stage it? i don't get it - what's to gain by blowing up part of the pentagon and blaming it on the terrorists? wasn't the wtc enough?

as Jack McCoy would say, "we need a motive!"

SKEETER
steve albini likes it

Post by SKEETER » Tue May 04, 2004 7:31 pm

I am not expressing an opinion about it one way or the other. I am just saying something that looked odd to me when it occurred, and that I had questions about that I seen others questioning afterward. I honestly don't know what to think.

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Wed May 05, 2004 7:30 am

When witnesses and experts who disagree with the official version start mysteriously turning up dead, ala the JFK assasination, THEN I'll start believing in a conspiracy about the Pentagon attack.

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Wed May 05, 2004 7:52 am

signorMars wrote:.. the american public is not very quick to accept pragmatism when it costs lives...
Nor is the goverment quick to accept their responsibility in such actions. it's called $$$, and it's THE reason 9/11 was immediately declared an "Act of War", to avoid insurance payments. Same with not admitting they shot down the last plane. Exploiting those who died and humping the FEAR TERRORISM machine in order to administer doses of "freedom" to other countries of the world, while not taking care of victims families, not taking care of sick soldiers (400,000 + from gulf war I), and at the same time calling anyone who disagrees evil is, well, evil.
beware bee wear