Bear wrote:Wizard Bongs?
Bah.

Such plebs populate this board.

My smoking room:

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Re: When's your favorite time to toke?

Post by Rigsby » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:36 am

I like to smoke alone in the late afternoon through to the evening, preferably my other half'll be out til late and i have plenty of time to play and record. Maybe i'll top up a little later too. Either that or same scenario but with a few very like-minded musicians, all playing really well together, mics up, recording, great stuff to hear back the next evening.

I'm not really one for all the paraphenalia (sp?), just a joint or two and i'm golden thanks.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:40 am

I cant believe I missed this thread. I dont really smoke too much anymore but I am pretty sure my favorite time to get stoned is right before work or during work. Other than that its not much fun. Unless I am at Brandons house...haha. Then its a fucken blast.

Edit: Turns out I am a pothead, because I didnt really miss this thread. I totally posted allready. Shit. Party Foul.

awolski
buyin' gear

Post by awolski » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:58 am

bobbydj wrote:After induction into the bucket bong method spliffs are like a handful of junior aspirin.
Yeah, but you can't do bucket bongs behind the wheel during a long road trip with the sun shining bright, no traffic, and a pile of great CDs to listen to.

Well, maybe YOU can.

Bad Halen
gettin' sounds

Post by Bad Halen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:34 pm

I love smoking alone but I havta admit that I, occasionally, miss the camaraderie of the pow-wows during my college years.

I've even went on webcamnow.com looking for someone to pow wow with......all I found was a bunch of dudes with hard-ons.

Weak.

-Spotty

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:37 pm

awolski wrote:
bobbydj wrote:After induction into the bucket bong method spliffs are like a handful of junior aspirin.
Yeah, but you can't do bucket bongs behind the wheel during a long road trip with the sun shining bright, no traffic, and a pile of great CDs to listen to.

Well, maybe YOU can.
I don't even remember posting any of that rubbish. Just ignore me.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

awolski
buyin' gear

Post by awolski » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:42 pm

The what, now?

(stares blankly)

I'm thirsty.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:29 pm

On a related note, does anyone know what kind of drill bit I would need to route glass?

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:39 pm

The internet.

It's everything they promised me that that Encyclopedia would be, back in fourth grade.

fuckface
steve albini likes it

Post by fuckface » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:06 pm

i usually dont blaze before work but any other time is good for me....

P.S. i changed my sig for whoever mentioned it............

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:47 pm

when someone puts weed in front of me. i never buy it anymore. and i never ask anyone to whip it out. but i roll with such the circle of friends that i smoke almost every weekend. i used to smoke almost every day. for years on end. definitely takes its... oh what's that word again? takes its... oh damn i forgot... but my favorite time to toke is before a concert. i love playing guitar bakified--sometimes i'm the worst ever but other times my creativity is opened up in ways not previously imaginable...

i've promised myself that i will totally absolutely and 100% quit as soon as kids are in the near-future plan. i find myself being stupid and saying stupid things and i wouldn't want my kids to be permanently scarred from some stupid shit that daddy said while he was baked...

psychicoctopus
buyin' a studio

Post by psychicoctopus » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:29 am

I used to smoke smoke smoke every day. Now I'm almost 30, and lately when I hit a pipe, the strongest effects seem to be (1) stiff muscles, (2) paranoid self analysis, (3) difficulty speaking. Which kind of sucks. Still, it helps to smoke some whenever I'm pissed off and need to calm the fuck down.

I guess I burned out on weed. Mescaline still works though.
Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:24 am

Well, for all you who feel guilty, or have given it up, I'm toking one for you. It's amazing stuff, smells like a skunk, and makes me really hungry.
My favorite time to toke? When I'm awake. :)
Merry Christmas.

Wonderland
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Wonderland » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:13 pm

Um...I don't know.What time is it now? :wink:

Roboburger
buyin' gear

Post by Roboburger » Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:00 am

The "All-or-Nothing" mentality of this boad can crack me up. If one had never smoked marijuana and came to this thread for a reference, they would leave thinking that either you don't touch the stuff because it'll turn you into a blearry-eyed zombie, or you choke down the stuff in copius amounts because, well that's what you do.

If you asked me how to appreciate a fine Bourbon, I'd say put one shots worth into a snifter and learn to appreciate the gentle buzz and warmth generated. it would be followed with three pages of banter saying either "Alcohol Kills- It's a waste of time and you just end up a sorry-ass drunk in the gutter" or "Awwwwwww, Dude! I like to drink three bottles of Jack as fast as I can- and you can too! Here's How!"

I smoke weed, (as a matter of fact I smoked a little today). When I smoke, I put a piece about the size of half a pea into the pipe and consume it it two or three small hits. it takes the edge off (I'm a high-strung guy), and I'm able to cruise through chores where normally I'd get hung up and obsess over some detail. It makes the stereo sound nice. It makes me lightheaded and giggly. But I can still answer the door if my elderly lady neighbor next door needs a hand, and it's out of my system in three to four hours. Don't repack the bowl. Just like every time I drink, I don't need to get blitzed.

I buy one 50 dollar bag of weed a year, and it lasts the whole year. I always give a little nugget away to bands that stay at my house if they want some. it still easily lasts me.

show some moderation, people!
Audio Engineer Euphemism for going number two: "Rollin' off the Low End."