Bob Novak is a Douchebag

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Bob Novak is a Douchebag

Post by TrumpsHair » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:38 pm

Can I get an amen? :lol:
Last edited by TrumpsHair on Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xonlocust
tinnitus

Re: Bob Novak is a Douche bag

Post by xonlocust » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:50 pm

i dunno who bob novak is - but seeing "Douche bag" in a subject line is worth it for me to give you an AMEN.

the better question is, is he a douche cougar?

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by ubertar » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:38 pm

He's the reporter who printed the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's ID. Douchebag, indeed.

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:12 pm

Which reminds me, WHERE ARE MY FUCKING INDICTMENTS?!!?! It's been a month since Bush and Cheney retained private counsel!!! I WANT INDICTMENTS IN THE PLAME CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Post by comfortstarr » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:15 pm

Weird tapeop syncronicity... I wrote a letter to the jackass this morning. He never actually takes a stand, he hides his opinions behind someone else. This morning's column featured a goofy rant by William F. Buckley against Ronald Reagan Junior's comments about his dad following the death. What was really annoying was that WFB's comments were actually kind of lame and used Ron Jr. comments out of context.

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:20 pm

What was your letter about? I heard Ron Reagan interviewed today. The letter sent by WFB was supposed to be a personal letter. WFB must have leaked it for some reason. WFB has lost his way. He's coming dangerously close to also entering the realm of the douchebag.
Last edited by TrumpsHair on Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:27 pm

I'm sorry, but itsn't it douchebag? :lol:

S/H
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:47 am

I gather "douchebag" is you's guy's equivalent of our Scottish "Bampot" which means a scumball, lowlife, arsehole, etc etc...

When was "douchebag" first introduced into you're American culture?... i can't remember it always being there, is it a regional thing?, or does it blanket the whole of the States.... this is not a joke, i'm just curious...

Al

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:36 am

comfortstarr
re-cappin' neve

Post by comfortstarr » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:42 am

TrumpsHair wrote:What was your letter about? I heard Ron Reagan interviewed today. The letter sent by WFB was supposed to be a personal letter. WFB must have leaked it for some reason. WFB has lost his way. He's coming dangerously close to also entering the realm of the douchebag.
Here it is, in all it's nonsensical glory:

"It's funny, I never used to pay any attention to your column (the Sun-Times, once a voice of mildly intellegent local coverage degenerated into such a rag, I was forced back to the reprehensible Tribune), but here I am writing you again.

Once again, you seem scared to actually express your opinion--odd for a columnist. So, Mr. Buckley is upset with Reagan Jr. comments. Wow. That's, like, SO surprising. However, what's really funny is that you seem to see his Buckley's comments as being strong and undeniably persuasive. Let's take a look:

RR Jr.: The nude picture of his sister Patti in Playboy was ''just something that is not too exciting.''

WFB: ''Why then was there so much excitement about it?''

That comment is nicely out of context. In the interview, he was talking about for himself because the pictures were of his SISTER.

RR Jr.: Having three cats while being childless ''is like having children.''

WFB: ''No, it's not like having children.''

It's funny the Buckley, the king of flip, doesn't recognize it when he sees it.

RR Jr.: As to whether his mother helps him out financially, ''Of course not. My father felt that children should make their own way.''

WFB: ''I know, and you know that I know, something about that question. But to say that 'of course' your mother does not help you out suggests she will not do so even if there were a need. Are you saying she would not acknowledge you in her will?''

No, it doesn't suggest she wouldn't do it if there were a need. I didn't take it that way, I'm guessing the majority of people didn't take it that way. This is pure mongering drivel.

RR Jr.: As to the Abu Ghraib prison abuses, ''How can Christians tolerate it?''

WFB: ''I don't know of any Christians who 'tolerate it.' The perpetrators are reviled.''

Does Mr. Buckley mean to say that the self-avowed Christian administration didn't tolerate it? Please. We're all adults. Of course they tolerate it. They outsource it don't they?

RR Jr.: His father ''worked hard to impress upon his children the value of kindness.''

WFB: ''If he did, he was manifestly unsuccessful.''

What is this based on? Clearly, Ron Jr. has completely different political/moral beliefs then his father. Even then, he clearly loved and respected his farther. I hated Reagan as a president, he was criminal. The "spontaneous" tributes to him left me disgusted. However, Ron Jr.'s clear love and respect for him was the only thing that gave me pause."

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:22 am

Al wrote:I gather "douchebag" is you's guy's equivalent of our Scottish "Bampot" which means a scumball, lowlife, arsehole, etc etc...

When was "douchebag" first introduced into you're American culture?... i can't remember it always being there, is it a regional thing?, or does it blanket the whole of the States.... this is not a joke, i'm just curious...

Al
Its a hygene product... Thats all I am going to say. I would not want to be one.

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:11 am

It's a spray thingy that ladies squirt up there fanjeetas, for to clean it out or so I am told.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:23 am

Rick wrote:I would not want to be one

Dude, are you KIDDING ME? Now that would be a sweet gig. :twisted:

S/H
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:53 am

Sissy you are so spring fresh.

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:07 am

Rick wrote:Sissy you are so spring fresh.
Well, I was the Yoda Yum spokesmodel!

S-H
-Hunter S. Thompson