What I learned about Fox News from "Outfoxed"

andrew embassy
george martin

What I learned about Fox News from "Outfoxed"

Post by andrew embassy » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:54 am

1. Bill O'Reily is even more of an asshole than I thought.
2. Republican Pundits outnumber Democratic pundits by something like 3 to one
3. The news, issues, and tone of the day is strictly dictated from the top, often dictated directly from the republican parties talking points.

I knew pretty much everything else, because pretty much everything else is just reinforcing how shamelessly biased Fox News is. It's a pretty good documentary. Not in the league of Farenheit 9/11 for filmmaking, but still good. I'd recommend you go see it.

Anybody seen The Corporation?
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

Bear
deaf.

Re: What I learned about Fox News from "Outfoxed"

Post by Bear » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:24 pm

I had a chance to see a screening of this last night, but couldn't because I'd agreed to play in this kickball game (I'm a formiddable kickball player). But I will see it, and would also like to see "the Corporation" at some point.
I am wangtacular.

scott anthony
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by scott anthony » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:39 pm

Bear wrote: (I'm a formiddable kickball player).
kicked a grand slam last yesterday... still feeling pretty good about it, too...

Bear
deaf.

Post by Bear » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:57 pm

Nice.

I kicked three people in and caught four outs. Then people stopped kicking near me. It was awesome.
I am wangtacular.

stillafool
re-cappin' neve

Post by stillafool » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:41 pm

I like Bill O'Reilly. I love the way he's gone after hypocritical loudmouths like Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and Michael Moore. Personally, I love Fox T.V. Along with Court T.V., A&E, and Playboy T.V., Fox is one of the only stations I watch.

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:20 am

stillafool wrote:I like Bill O'Reilly. I love the way he's gone after hypocritical loudmouths like Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and Michael Moore. Personally, I love Fox T.V. Along with Court T.V., A&E, and Playboy T.V., Fox is one of the only stations I watch.

That dosent have dick to do with kickball buddy. Jeeze.

mtw
gettin' sounds

Post by mtw » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:41 am

stillafool wrote:I like Bill O'Reilly. I love the way he's gone after hypocritical loudmouths
I'd like to see him go after his own hypocracy. There are voices of reason and thoughtfulness on the right, O'Reilly isn't one of them.

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:20 am

stillafool wrote:I like Bill O'Reilly. I love the way he's gone after hypocritical loudmouths like Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and Michael Moore. Personally, I love Fox T.V. Along with Court T.V., A&E, and Playboy T.V., Fox is one of the only stations I watch.
Yes, you are 'STILLAFOOL,' indeed. :wink:

stillafool
re-cappin' neve

Post by stillafool » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:22 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:
Yes, you are 'STILLAFOOL,' indeed. :wink:

stillafool
re-cappin' neve

Post by stillafool » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:27 pm

I hope you all have your "Boycott France" bumperstickers. I'm going back to the no-spin zone.

Monkeyfist
re-cappin' neve

Post by Monkeyfist » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:45 pm

I think you belong in the "SPUN" zone. I find your ruse insulting imposter that makes feeble attempts to rabblerouse an obviously bush disliking board. You goad us, only because you yourself are a farce. Now Mr. Nixon I feel you should tell us who you really are?

It's probably Old Man Withers! You'd have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for us kids and our pesky dog!
If you have legs and are on fire you are never blocking a fire exit.

M. Hedberg R.I.P.

www.10lblibido.com
www.hotlaundry.net
www.myspace.com/10lblibido
www.myspace.com/hotlaundry

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:24 pm

stillafool wrote:I hope you all have your "Boycott France" bumperstickers. I'm going back to the no-spin zone.
look Here
http://mediamatters.org/items/200407160002

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:25 pm

I ordered outfoxed, and haven't seen it yet. But I read a good point that said there were obviously other memos that the filmmaketr chose not to show, and that some of them may have called for fairness. But, hey, let's see the evidence.

I love Media Matters. It's addictive

seeabove
pushin' record

Post by seeabove » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:32 pm

Bear wrote:I had a chance to see a screening of this last night, but couldn't because I'd agreed to play in this kickball game (I'm a formiddable kickball player). But I will see it, and would also like to see "the Corporation" at some point.
Next week, for my birthday, we are having a massive slosh-kickball game at Golden Gate Park. Beer and kicking go together.
I get satisfaction of three kinds. One is creating something, one is being paid for it and one is the feeling that I haven?t just been sitting on my ass all afternoon.

graveleye
steve albini likes it

Post by graveleye » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:55 pm

Monkeyfist wrote: I find your ruse insulting imposter that makes feeble attempts to rabblerouse an obviously bush disliking board.
finally the truth. :wink:

Personally I can't stand O'Rielly, or Limbaugh either. Sounds strange coming from a conservative I know, but there is something about sitting and bitching and not DOING anything that strikes me as odd. Most of these conservative talk show hosts, with the exception of Boortz (he at least has it right with his libertarian stance on issues), all have their heads up their asses and I cant stomach to watch them.

But unfortunatly, the conservatives (with exceptions like myself) love ORielly and all those other folks. I dont understand how they love them so much anymore than I can understand how liberals love their icons like Moore and Babs and Franken.

You got pundits on both sides that are stupid. If they would all shut up maybe we could return to a real democratic republic, rather than the media driven form of government we have now.

I think I'll move to Utah and wait for Atlas to shrug.
talk talk its only talk