Search Engine Tips???????

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Search Engine Tips???????

Post by sonikbliss » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:52 pm

Anybody know any tricks that work with the search engine? I know some engines will let you do things like Pro+Tools+Plugins so you only get results that have all the words you searched for instead of everything that has only the word Pro or Tools or Plugins. I generally don't have very good luck with the search engine, so if anybody knows any tricks like this please share and it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Al
moves faders with mind

Re: Search Engine Tips???????

Post by Al » Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:17 pm

I either put in the name of the person who started the thread, or the subject matter, and it always comes up with something..

Al

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:24 pm

Considering that the emphasis on the TO site is on a repository for relevant info RE recording, I have to agree with the implicit point here that the search functions could perhaps use some development.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:32 pm

bobbydj wrote:Considering that the emphasis on the TO site is on a repository for relevant info RE recording, I have to agree with the implicit point here that the search functions could perhaps use some development.
Hey Booby.

UTFSF!!!!!

thebeard
ass engineer

Post by thebeard » Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:55 pm

Between the "search for keyword" and Search for author" text boxes it give you the option to search for "any terms" or "all terms". Use all terms to find every word you typed in.

Granted, this only finds all terms you entered in the threads not in the posts so you'll still have to do a little legwork.

It could be better but hey, they could not have one at all and then you'd really hear the same things over and over.

Jesse

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:45 am

bobbydj wrote:Considering that the emphasis on the TO site is on a repository for relevant info RE recording, I have to agree with the implicit point here that the search functions could perhaps use some development.
Go back to yir bed Rob! :wink:

Al