ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Re: Stick a fork in Kerry--

Post by ubertar » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:24 am

mtw
gettin' sounds

Post by mtw » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:11 am

Mr PC wrote:Sheesh. Presidents can have an effect on the economy, but they don't control it. Economies are cyclical and too big for any one person to steer, although the Federal Reserve does have some control with interest rate setting.
I'll let presidents slide on the economy when they stop taking responsibility for it . I mean, when things are going great the president (not just Bush) takes credit for how well it's going. When it's bad they claim that it's the previous administration's fault. It's bullshit politics and I'd like to see some honesty about it. I'm sick of the spin, from both Repubs and Dems. I want real answers and honest discussion.

Regardless of the degree to which the President can effect the economy, by the way they talk about it you'd think they controlled it absolutely (at least when the numbers are good)

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:55 am

Mr PC wrote: Another bag full of nothing from Trumpshair. You are free to your unfounded opinions, just don't think that I will be swayed by them.
PC
Of course, I, nor anyone could sway YOU. You are a Bushy, therefore, you are Correct. No mistakes have been made in this administration. Everything is just fine and dandy. :cry:

A bag full of nothing, pretty much describes G.W.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:39 pm

Sorry for my post being a bit pissy, TrumpsHair. Just so you don't think I'm a robot for the president, I think Bush was wrong to impose tariffs on steel, wrong to sign campaign finance reform, and I'm not too crazy about the prescription drug plan he signed. I think he has spent too much (tax cuts are good any time, though, even for the rich folk). I don't imagine Kerry spending less than Bush in any case, and for the other reasons, I'm a Bushie.

PC

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:17 am

Mr PC wrote: I don't imagine Kerry spending less than Bush in any case, and for the other reasons, I'm a Bushie.

PC
Six pages ago you were an independent.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:23 am

Greenlander wrote:
Mr PC wrote: I don't imagine Kerry spending less than Bush in any case, and for the other reasons, I'm a Bushie.

PC
You find that amongst Bushies on the Internet. They claim to be Independent, but leaning toward Bush to make them look objective and thoughtful, when in fact, they are wolves in sheeps clothing.

Nice catch there, Greenlander.

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:00 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:
Greenlander wrote:

PC
You find that amongst Bushies on the Internet. They claim to be Independent, but leaning toward Bush to make them look objective and thoughtful, when in fact, they are wolves in sheeps clothing.
I must try that:

"Y'know, I'm a political independent but recently I've been feeling like Bush is the spawn of satan who's come to destroy the planet."
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:38 pm

When the hell did I say I was an independent????

I listed off a few disagreements I had with Bush. I don't think that means I'm not in his camp. Can't be all things to all people. All things considered, I'm a huge fan of President Bush and have been ever since the 2000 campaign.

I consider myself conservative first and then republican, but I don't really care about the party affiliation.

PC

Greenlander
steve albini likes it

Post by Greenlander » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:55 pm

Mr PC wrote:When the hell did I say I was an independent????

I listed off a few disagreements I had with Bush. I don't think that means I'm not in his camp. Can't be all things to all people. All things considered, I'm a huge fan of President Bush and have been ever since the 2000 campaign.

I consider myself conservative first and then republican, but I don't really care about the party affiliation.

PC
Sorry Mr P.C., I mixed you up with massive mastering, my apologies. Should have checked first, there ain't no way you could be mistaken for an independant.

By the way, since you started this thread by saying that Kerry is toast, I might as well tell you that my money is on Bush being in serious trouble at this point. He's tied in the polls and voters who are undecided at this stage in a political campaign generally vote for the challenger by a healthy majority. They've had four years of the incumbent and they're looking for an alternative. All Kerry has to do is pass a vague threshold of credibility.

Hopefully I'm right. I'm betting on Kerry with any of my friends who'll take it on. Got $100 riding on it at this point. Anyone care to wager?

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:10 pm

Hey Greenlander-

No prob on the mix-up. You could be right on the election. Who really knows? Things seem to be inching Bush's way, but lots can and will happen. Honestly, I'll be biting my nails on November 2 even if Bush has a big lead in the polls.

My views on Kerry are still the same, but who can tell at this point?--

PC

Electricide
dead but not forgotten

Post by Electricide » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:59 pm

I think Polls are horseshit, and instant polls are the worst thing to happen to politics in the past 100 years, let's say.

Have an opinion, have a plan, and fucking promote yourself. Quit Pandering!

I just have a hard time believing that MORE people will vote for Bush than did last time. There are Bush converts who will vote for Kerry. Are there any liberal/moderates who voted for Gore, but now want Bush? Besides Dennis Miller.?

Mark67
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark67 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:44 am

I am a liberal/moderate and while my vote goes to Kerry, I respect Bush's stances, and I have never foolishly dismissed them out of hand, like many. I despise the notion that supporters of George Bush are sheep, and people who think so may as well wear the sign "ignoramus" on their backs.

And I think the Democratic party is in need of a serious overhaul. The way it runs its national campaigns is absolutely retarded. The democratic party is stacked to the rafters with dead wood.

But I do support their positions more often than I do republicans.'

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:47 am

I really enjoy the idea of fiscal conservatism. Too bad there isnt a goddanm politician that can stand up for it without being a complete assclown when it comes to foriegn affairs.

The only thing the Conservatives have to go on is that Kerry is a relativly weak candidate. Bush doesnt have much of a record with anyone. I'm still besides myself how someone can say they are fiscally conservative when they decide to
short hand diplomacy and mobilize a quarter of a million troops. Wouldnt have not been a lot cheaper to decpatate the state? The guys don't care about saving you money! Kerry can't possibly spend it any faster......ok, maybe he can. But danm, Bush has proven himself a failure. If Kerry wins, you culd get a REAL conservative in there!
boobs are life's fountain

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:00 am

Creotians are in a miasma of despair. Bush is going to win, we say.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

JES
tinnitus

Post by JES » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:23 pm

Mark67 wrote:I am a liberal/moderate and while my vote goes to Kerry, I respect Bush's stances, and I have never foolishly dismissed them out of hand, like many. I despise the notion that supporters of George Bush are sheep, and people who think so may as well wear the sign "ignoramus" on their backs.
This is a good point, and there is a distance between stupid or "sheep" and wrong. Bush supporters aren't sheep, and they may have well thought out positions or deep convictions but they sure as hell are wrong. And Bush is, well, not that smart.

--JES