I'm totally moving to Sweden

Al
moves faders with mind

Re: I'm totally moving to Sweden

Post by Al » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:35 pm

stillafool wrote:Yeah -- you tell him! I don't like that stillafool guy either. He never agrees with us. I just wish he'd go somewhere else.
StillaJACK eh?

Al

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:40 pm

Sweden reminds me of all the girls in the 8th grade who said they wanted to be exchange students there so they can 'be around blond people'.

Not kidding.

Ironically, there are a lot of yellow-haired people around here, even without peroxide. Saw a slew of them today.

Also, every English person I've met, I think in my whole life, has been neutral to positive with me, which is much better than I can say for Americans, granted, there's been a lot more exposure to the latter.

Probably the one exception is this angsty, overly-sarcastic Brit I used to work with -- I could never tell where he was coming from, it was just a negative vibe thing. He'd do things like get in my face, put his hands on his hips, and stare off in the distance (waiting for me say/do something I guess). Passive aggressive type-stuff. Bunk that.

But everyone else has been cool, and if you listen to them long enough it is obvious we're using *their* language. Like, ya-know?

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:46 pm

sonichue wrote:
Probably the one exception is this angsty, overly-sarcastic Brit I used to work with -- I could never tell where he was coming from, it was just a negative vibe thing. He'd do things like get in my face, put his hands on his hips, and stare off in the distance (waiting for me say/do something I guess). Passive aggressive type-stuff. Bunk that.
That's kind of like the one bad apple spoiling the barrel scenario though, not all Brits are like that, it's just people and their personalities.

I hate to say this but!, maybe he just didn't like Americans, prejudices are everywhere...that's just life.

Al

No Wave Casio Kitsch
re-cappin' neve

Post by No Wave Casio Kitsch » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:01 pm

Al wrote:
sonichue wrote:
That's kind of like the one bad apple spoiling the barrel scenario though, not all Brits are like that, it's just people and their personalities.

I hate to say this but!, maybe he just didn't like Americans, prejudices are everywhere...that's just life.

Al
eh...culture/country of origin doesn't amount to much when it comes to personality. There are nice people and asshats the world over.

-Giahni
Who cares what it sounds like soloed?

Freelance Recording/Production
Assistant Studio Manager - ShangriLA Studios

Al
moves faders with mind

Post by Al » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:42 am

No Wave Casio Kitsch wrote:
Al wrote:
sonichue wrote:

Al
eh...culture/country of origin doesn't amount to much when it comes to personality. There are nice people and asshats the world over.

-Giahni
And at this point!, i think an Amen is in order...

Cheers

Al