GWEN IFILL for president

syrupcore
deaf.

GWEN IFILL for president

Post by syrupcore » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:58 pm

yeah, edwards whooped him but gwen rocked it. Best part of the debate was when cheney said, askingly, 'I'd like to reply to that but I cant do it in 30 seconds' and gwen replied, to one of the most powerful men in the world, 'well, 30 seconds is what you've got mr vice president'.

I knew I liked her.

will

YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Re: GWEN IFILL for president

Post by YOUR KONG » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:43 am

:^: Ha ha - I feel the same way. She was asking some ballsy questions. I said to my wife, "This Gwen Ifill is allright with me.."

You think Edwards whupped Kerry? He definitely managed to draw out Cheney's mean side, but he seemed a little less than sure-footed himself. Cheney's got that Evil CEO thing going on: "Because I could have you fired and your family killed, that's why."

Still, it was so freaking nice to hear Halliburton, the lack of a link between 9/11 and Saddam, etc., brought up in primetime. It's about (*@&# time.

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:41 pm

King Kong Kitchie Kitchie wrote:Still, it was so freaking nice to hear Halliburton, the lack of a link between 9/11 and Saddam, etc., brought up in primetime. It's about (*@&# time.
Absolutely. I was hoping that kerry bringing them up would make them primetime news tonight. I can hope.

I thought dick had a few good jabs and a coupla nice rights but edwards was moving too fast and had 3x the jabs. I mean, martin luther king day? bam.

gwen was still the star for me. much better and more aggressive questions than jim's and handled herself, and her mistakes, like a total pro.

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:48 pm

I enjoy Gwen Ifill on News Hour, have seen her a lot, and I am sure she had a playful smile on her face when she said "well, 30 seconds is all you get, Mr. Vice President". Of course, it is good that she kept to the rules, kept control. I thought she did a good, balanced job-

PC

jajjguy
re-cappin' neve

Post by jajjguy » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:03 am

i score it a draw, myself. by which i mean, if you're inclined to agree with cheney, you will, and if you're inclined to agree with edwards, you will. they both got their messages across.

now ask me who has the stronger message and i have a different answer :)

gwen rocks