Holeee Shit...

mildred-pitt
gimme a little kick & snare
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:34 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by mildred-pitt » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:59 am

Um, The "liberal media" is a myth...

Take a look at this study by FAIR:
http://www.fair.org/reports/journalist-survey.html

By the way, this isn't the first time Bush's people have tried to isolate him from dissenting viewpoints. "Free Speech" zones?

saultime
pushin' record
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:18 pm

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by saultime » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:07 pm

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So, taking his Silver Star as an example, they go and interview VIETCONG and take their word for it instead of a collection of decorated veterans.
You mean a collection of lying decorated veterans.

The swift boat guys have been completely discredited. They have NOTHING to back their words up. All of the Navy records support Kerry, as do the men who actually served with him, as opposed to around him.

As the late Bill Hicks used to say, case fucking closed.

They're just a bunch of old farts that never got over the fact that Kerry came back from Vietnam and protested against their dirty little war.

The fact that the media, especially cable news networks didn't call these guys out on this is proof in itself of the liberal media myth.
When is the Douchebag Rapture?

User avatar
helstab
george martin
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 4:43 am
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by helstab » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:40 pm

this discussion is lame.

eagles won :)

sea hawks lost :(
-Matthew Macchio$tab

User avatar
MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.) IL
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:54 pm

saultime wrote:
MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So, taking his Silver Star as an example, they go and interview VIETCONG and take their word for it instead of a collection of decorated veterans.
You mean a collection of lying decorated veterans.

The swift boat guys have been completely discredited. They have NOTHING to back their words up. All of the Navy records support Kerry, as do the men who actually served with him, as opposed to around him.

As the late Bill Hicks used to say, case fucking closed.

They're just a bunch of old farts that never got over the fact that Kerry came back from Vietnam and protested against their dirty little war.

The fact that the media, especially cable news networks didn't call these guys out on this is proof in itself of the liberal media myth.
I have yet to see proof of anything that discredits the Swifties. Nothing. Period. I should say, nothing of any substance. No one else has either except for the usual name-calling and smearing. The media doesn't bring them in because they make Kerry (the guy held as a "hero" in the North Vietnamese War Museum) look bad.

264 to 1. Hell in that photo, it's 18 to 1 plus Kerry!

They (the media) had every chance to make them look bad - But they couldn't, because they REFUSED to interview them. They'll give the Bush-Bashers three days in a row on GMA for a book with NO eyewitness accounts, and 60-Minutes specials on speculation, but get 264 war vets together, all in agreement, signed affadavits and a number one book - and nothing.

And STILL - YOU MISS MY POINT!

Even KERRY SAID IT WAS A KID IN A LOINCLOTH!

The Swifites AGREE with KERRY.

Is ABC and Koppel calling KERRY a LIAR?
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

User avatar
helstab
george martin
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 4:43 am
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by helstab » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:49 pm

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:
saultime wrote:
MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So, taking his Silver Star as an example, they go and interview VIETCONG and take their word for it instead of a collection of decorated veterans.
You mean a collection of lying decorated veterans.

The swift boat guys have been completely discredited. They have NOTHING to back their words up. All of the Navy records support Kerry, as do the men who actually served with him, as opposed to around him.

As the late Bill Hicks used to say, case fucking closed.

They're just a bunch of old farts that never got over the fact that Kerry came back from Vietnam and protested against their dirty little war.

The fact that the media, especially cable news networks didn't call these guys out on this is proof in itself of the liberal media myth.
I have yet to see proof of anything that discredits the Swifties. Nothing. Period. I should say, nothing of any substance. No one else has either except for the usual name-calling and smearing. The media doesn't bring them in because they make Kerry (the guy held as a "hero" in the North Vietnamese War Museum) look bad.

264 to 1. Hell in that photo, it's 18 to 1 plus Kerry!

They (the media) had every chance to make them look bad - But they couldn't, because they REFUSED to interview them. They'll give the Bush-Bashers three days in a row on GMA for a book with NO eyewitness accounts, and 60-Minutes specials on speculation, but get 264 war vets together, all in agreement, signed affadavits and a number one book - and nothing.

And STILL - YOU MISS MY POINT!

Even KERRY SAID IT WAS A KID IN A LOINCLOTH!

The Swifites AGREE with KERRY.

Is ABC and Koppel calling KERRY a LIAR?

*backhands massive with a quick left hand*

shut the fuck up.. Seriously, who are you? Are you from this planet? I can't wait to wipe my dirty ass all over your fucking retarded face when Kerry wins. Shouldn't you be watching crossfire or something? Tapeop is a place for creative minds.. take your fucked up brain somewhere else.

Is there room in Canada for one more? I can't take this shit anymore.
-Matthew Macchio$tab

User avatar
wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze
Posts: 3868
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 10:11 am

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by wayne kerr » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:22 pm

helstab wrote:
MASSIVE Mastering wrote:
saultime wrote:
MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So, taking his Silver Star as an example, they go and interview VIETCONG and take their word for it instead of a collection of decorated veterans.
You mean a collection of lying decorated veterans.

The swift boat guys have been completely discredited. They have NOTHING to back their words up. All of the Navy records support Kerry, as do the men who actually served with him, as opposed to around him.

As the late Bill Hicks used to say, case fucking closed.

They're just a bunch of old farts that never got over the fact that Kerry came back from Vietnam and protested against their dirty little war.

The fact that the media, especially cable news networks didn't call these guys out on this is proof in itself of the liberal media myth.
I have yet to see proof of anything that discredits the Swifties. Nothing. Period. I should say, nothing of any substance. No one else has either except for the usual name-calling and smearing. The media doesn't bring them in because they make Kerry (the guy held as a "hero" in the North Vietnamese War Museum) look bad.

264 to 1. Hell in that photo, it's 18 to 1 plus Kerry!

They (the media) had every chance to make them look bad - But they couldn't, because they REFUSED to interview them. They'll give the Bush-Bashers three days in a row on GMA for a book with NO eyewitness accounts, and 60-Minutes specials on speculation, but get 264 war vets together, all in agreement, signed affadavits and a number one book - and nothing.

And STILL - YOU MISS MY POINT!

Even KERRY SAID IT WAS A KID IN A LOINCLOTH!

The Swifites AGREE with KERRY.

Is ABC and Koppel calling KERRY a LIAR?

*backhands massive with a quick left hand*

shut the fuck up.. Seriously, who are you? Are you from this planet? I can't wait to wipe my dirty ass all over your fucking retarded face when Kerry wins. Shouldn't you be watching crossfire or something? Tapeop is a place for creative minds.. take your fucked up brain somewhere else.

Is there room in Canada for one more? I can't take this shit anymore.
CREOT must be down again! :lol:

SMH
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

saultime
pushin' record
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:18 pm

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by saultime » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:46 pm

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:
saultime wrote:
MASSIVE Mastering wrote:So, taking his Silver Star as an example, they go and interview VIETCONG and take their word for it instead of a collection of decorated veterans.
You mean a collection of lying decorated veterans.

The swift boat guys have been completely discredited. They have NOTHING to back their words up. All of the Navy records support Kerry, as do the men who actually served with him, as opposed to around him.

As the late Bill Hicks used to say, case fucking closed.

They're just a bunch of old farts that never got over the fact that Kerry came back from Vietnam and protested against their dirty little war.

The fact that the media, especially cable news networks didn't call these guys out on this is proof in itself of the liberal media myth.
I have yet to see proof of anything that discredits the Swifties. Nothing. Period. I should say, nothing of any substance. No one else has either except for the usual name-calling and smearing. The media doesn't bring them in because they make Kerry (the guy held as a "hero" in the North Vietnamese War Museum) look bad.

264 to 1. Hell in that photo, it's 18 to 1 plus Kerry!

They (the media) had every chance to make them look bad - But they couldn't, because they REFUSED to interview them. They'll give the Bush-Bashers three days in a row on GMA for a book with NO eyewitness accounts, and 60-Minutes specials on speculation, but get 264 war vets together, all in agreement, signed affadavits and a number one book - and nothing.

And STILL - YOU MISS MY POINT!

Even KERRY SAID IT WAS A KID IN A LOINCLOTH!

The Swifites AGREE with KERRY.

Is ABC and Koppel calling KERRY a LIAR?
Jesus shit dude. I probably couldn't prove there's no such thing as Santa Claus. Doesn't mean he's real though (sorry if this is the first you've heard of it.)

It should have never been up to Kerry to dis-prove the swift boat guys. It's up to them to prove what they are saying.

I don't care how many fucking crusty old baby killers sign an affidavit. They have nothing. THEY WEREN'T THERE!!!!!

Everyone who served on Kerry's boat, except for one guy, backs up Kerry's story. There's not one FACT that backs up anything the swift boat guys ever said.

If the media would have done their job, not only would there be no interviews with the swifties (John O'Neil was all over the TV by the way), they would have been exposed as the LIARS they are, and never given them the time of day.
When is the Douchebag Rapture?

User avatar
helstab
george martin
Posts: 1328
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 4:43 am
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by helstab » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:12 pm

AMEN!
-Matthew Macchio$tab

User avatar
MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:09 pm
Location: Chicago (Schaumburg / Hoffman Est.) IL
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:55 pm

helstab wrote:*backhands massive with a quick left hand*

shut the fuck up.. Seriously, who are you? Are you from this planet? I can't wait to wipe my dirty ass all over your fucking retarded face when Kerry wins. Shouldn't you be watching crossfire or something? Tapeop is a place for creative minds.. take your fucked up brain somewhere else.
Grow up and move out of mommy's house, will you?

I try to have some civilized debate about a news report and you have to go play the "wipe my dirty ass all over your fucking retarded face" card.

Yours is an intellect to be proud of for certain. And yes, I'm sure the Canadians would be happy to have you.
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

User avatar
wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze
Posts: 3868
Joined: Thu May 08, 2003 10:11 am

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by wayne kerr » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:42 am

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:
helstab wrote:*backhands massive with a quick left hand*

shut the fuck up.. Seriously, who are you? Are you from this planet? I can't wait to wipe my dirty ass all over your fucking retarded face when Kerry wins. Shouldn't you be watching crossfire or something? Tapeop is a place for creative minds.. take your fucked up brain somewhere else.
Grow up and move out of mommy's house, will you?

I try to have some civilized debate about a news report and you have to go play the "wipe my dirty ass all over your fucking retarded face" card.

Yours is an intellect to be proud of for certain. And yes, I'm sure the Canadians would be happy to have you.
Whoah! Dude was that a chop on Canada??

SMH
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

saasquatch
pluggin' in mics
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:26 am
Location: Jersey

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by saasquatch » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:52 am

Being an audio engineer for NBC, CBS CNBC,and MSNBC gives me a clear insight on what goes on behind the scenes. The only openly bias station is FOX news which I had a brief stint with. I feel the majority of the stations really try to balance it out as much as possible. If anything, during the debates the media was being as generous with Bush as possible being that he got his ass beat so bad. For everything negative said about Bush, there's a knock on Kerry. s for the actual journalists, yeah most of them are liberals, but you wouldn't know it from there performance on tv, trust me. The republicans foot the majority of media bills, so there are no obvious biases. Is that a word.
When you pirate mp3s, your downloading Communism!

LTA
gettin' sounds
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:52 pm

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by LTA » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:50 am

saasquatch wrote:If anything, during the debates the media was being as generous with Bush as possible being that he got his ass beat so bad.
How's that for a look at an unbiased media employee? The second you start saying who is better or worse, winning or losing, you made an opinion. And once you state that opinion, you are no longer portraying yourself as unbiased. And once you become biased, it starts seeping into your work, even if you don't notice it. Most people do think they are middle of the road. And you'll rarely meet a newsroom employee that considers themselves left (just as most high school and college teachers consider themselves to be fairly conservative). Left/liberal is a bad word, and you'll get cornered if you bring it up. Left and right are relative. It all depends on who you are standing next to. And it does change over time. So, once you are biased, you read/hear things in a manner that supports your bias. There is no need to try to see both sides equally, as one is clearly wrong to you.

Neither candidate will make you change your opinion on real issues (like gay marriage, abortions, welfare). Everything else was just finger pointing and name calling. Both are horrid in front of a camera. Kerry is a stiff and bush is impulsive. Both are goons, although kerry is not acting like the goon he probably is. Bush is "what you see is what you get" concerning his goonery.

Pick a loser. The loser is the American people. And unfortunately, most don't see it that way. If kerry wins this year, hilary won't be able to run in 2008. Good thing. And if bush wins, there won't be an incumbent president to run against in 2008, leveling the playing field for ALL sides (especially if cheney doesn't run). Nations don't breath day by day or month by month; They breath over generations. Neither candidate is a uniter, so regardless of the outcome ya'll that think either president is going to save the day and make things like they were back in the 1920's and 1950's are fucked for another 4 years at least (if not far far longer). There's no such thing as miracles. And if you (people in general) keep trying to polarize the country, there might not be much left worth saving in 8-12 years.

saasquatch
pluggin' in mics
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:26 am
Location: Jersey

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by saasquatch » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:55 am

[How's that for a look at an unbiased media employee? The second you start saying who is better or worse, winning or losing, you made an opinion. And once you state that opinion, you are no longer portraying yourself as unbiased. ]
I'm not on camera, my bias makes no difference. I'm not fooled by Kerry's bullshit. His shit just stinks better then Bush's. You do make an understandable point though.[/quote]
When you pirate mp3s, your downloading Communism!

User avatar
Greenlander
steve albini likes it
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:02 pm
Location: NY. NY

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by Greenlander » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:28 am

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:
TrumpsHair wrote:I've never heard they lean left, even from the conservatives.
Massive mastering, you're not independent and you know it. I remember some of your past posts. You're a Bushy! :evil:
I voted for him... I'm by no means a straight-ticket guy though. I vote on the issues. There are plenty of Dems out there that are cool. Plenty of Pubs also. Back in the 80's & 90's I was a pretty hardcore Dem. If they'd run someone worth voting for again, it's not like I wouldn't consider the issues and weigh the facts. But Kerry? What the hell were they thinking? I can't believe this race is as close as it is. Dean would've put it away (although I don't like Dean). Lieberman (who I DO like) wasn't "sissy-spined" enough to keep the party happy, but probably also would have easily won over enough to call it a day.

But the media - Come on - Their own studies (that no one ever hears about for some reason) point at a number somewhere around 90% who consider themselves "either somewhat liberal, liberal, or very liberal" while something like 4% said "either somewhat conservative, conservative or very conservative."

I'm not talking about the people who sign the checks - I'm talking about the people who do the job.

All you have to do is watch the network news for an hour or two... You're fooling yourself if you don't notice the bias.
Oh yeah, you're real independent alright.

So tell me, where does Fox News fit into your liberally biased media? Fair and balanced?

Oh and by the way, although the percentage of journalists who describe themselves are liberal are stastically higher than the average percentage of the American people who do, the percentage of editors (who of course set the editorial tone of the paper and decide what goes in) who are conservative are higher than in the American population. So, it's swings and roundabouts pretty much.

But, apart from quoting one instance (Kerry and the kid), I'm sure you have a wealth of facts to back up your claim. Or not. For every instance of "liberal" bias I can find one of conservative bias. It's easy to play that bullshit game.
My setup: brain into muscles into hands into fingers into guitar into cable into pedal into cable into amp into air into mic into cable into box no 1 into cable into box no2

User avatar
andrew embassy
george martin
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: Holeee Shit...

Post by andrew embassy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:41 am

Does anybody actually doubt that the Bush Campaign is using these tactics at their rallies? This is an interesting discussion on media bias, and you can certainly hear the tone of the author in the original peice, but I've heard this same type of story reported numerous times; on NPR there was one story where they took like 3 minutes and went through report after report of people (even kids!) who were kicked out or threatened with arrest after showing up to a Bush rally with a Kerry shirt, or sticker, or button, or even a pro-choice shirt.

I may not trust NPR to be completely unbiased, but my experience of their bias is generally just less time given to the conservative side, not completely making up stories or fabricating evidence. I wouldn't even put that past Fox.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests