So .... Canada it is, then.

jdsowa
pushin' record

So .... Canada it is, then.

Post by jdsowa » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:56 pm

Tonight affirmed my suspicion that there are just too many uninformed, unintelligent, uncultured, frightened rednecks in this country. The American people have handed the keys over to the neocons and there's probably no going back from here on out. Well, you have my personal permission to run the country further into the ground.

I just hate the idea of moving in Canada. Crap. I guess there's Europe too. Or Darfur.

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Re: So .... Canada it is, then.

Post by A.L. » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:59 pm

I posted this elsewhere:

"Why would you leave? Would you really want to leave the control of the world's only superpower to the people you're so enraged against?

Seriously, if there's some mass exodous of lefties, dems and critical thinkers where does that leave the United States? It's practically your duty to stay and say 'fuck you george bush' as loudly and as often as possible.

Otherwise the shit really hits the fan."

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:05 pm

Vancouver has a music scene, I think.

A.L.
buyin' a studio

Post by A.L. » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:15 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:Vancouver has a music scene, I think.
So does your mom.

eeldip
dead but not forgotten

Post by eeldip » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:40 pm

mexico mexico.

better food. sunnier.

more corrupt.

LTA
gettin' sounds

Post by LTA » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:40 pm

A.L. wrote:
So does your mom.
They've got pc bangs there too, so you could go hang out with some Koreans and post about the experience. And BC bud grown by expatriates that arrived there for a more rational reason decades ago.

eeldip
dead but not forgotten

Post by eeldip » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:44 pm

LTA wrote:
A.L. wrote:
So does your mom.
They've got pc bangs there too, so you could go hang out with some Koreans and post about the experience. And BC bud grown by expatriates that arrived there for a more rational reason decades ago.
could there be a more normal reason for leaving a country than having a president supported by people who in majority

1. dont know what his policy positions are

2. believe in myths about iraq and terrorism

i dunno.. tuff to live with all the rest of you

READ A FUCKING NEWSPAPER!

LTA
gettin' sounds

Post by LTA » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:30 am

eeldip wrote:could there be a more normal reason for leaving a country than having a president supported by people who in majority

Newspaper doesn't come out for another 3 hours, and bush hasn't actually officially won it. Nor has kerry lost it. Too many newspaper articles have been discredited by blogs anyway. And i've personally been around the newspaper industry entirely too long to believe it is the ultimate gospel of truth and fact you think it is, especially in terms of op-eds and dis/misinformation campaigns. We had a rough election here, especially in terms of state and local elections. If i were to believe everything i read in the papers (and mailings and phone calls), honesty would compel me to state that 99.99% of people have some sort of brain defect that makes them unable even to avoid skid marks in their underwear. I figure everybody here can wipe their own butts, so that creates a conflict that obviously needs to be overcome by a conspiracy theory, rather than simply throwing out the assumption that people that disagree are stupid and uneducated.

Dodging the draft is a better reason to go to canada, mexico, europe or wherever than because you don't like how an election turned out. I know the statement is just in jest, as edumacated (lol) adults don't throw temper tantrums like a 5 year old that isn't going to get his triple sugar coated sugar bombs breakfeast cereal at the supermarket, even if he declares he hates his mom.

Now, if you all think the typical republican is stephen baldwin, i can see the desire to leave. I hear from actual registered republicans he is their masthead, and will be running in 2008.

If you want to move somewhere, move to some of the low population states with only 3 electoral votes. New York and California could give up a few hundred thousand people and still consistently pull for democrats. But you guys could influence south dakota, wyoming, new mexico, etc. Just make sure to legitimately fulfill the residency requirement, or your vote might not count.

lobstman
buyin' gear

Post by lobstman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:55 am

jdsowa wrote:I just hate the idea of moving in Canada. Crap. I guess there's Europe too.
Pretty much everybody in Holland speaks english.
Steve Albini used to like it

lobstman
buyin' gear

Post by lobstman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:56 am

A.L. wrote:Seriously, if there's some mass exodous of lefties, dems and critical thinkers where does that leave the United States?
Exactly where it is right now.
Steve Albini used to like it

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:22 am

eeldip wrote:
LTA wrote:
A.L. wrote:
So does your mom.
could there be a more normal reason for leaving a country than having a president supported by people who in majority

1. dont know what his policy positions are

2. believe in myths about iraq and terrorism

i dunno.. tuff to live with all the rest of you

yeah, but I doubt Fox (Mexico's El Presidente, not the TV Channel) is that great either...

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:23 am

lobstman wrote:
jdsowa wrote:I just hate the idea of moving in Canada. Crap. I guess there's Europe too.
Pretty much everybody in Holland speaks english.
same with iceland, sweden, and a few others.

mikeyc
buyin' gear

Post by mikeyc » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:31 am

I thought about the Canada thing last night... I don't know. I think we do need to stay and work against the coming shitstorm. Wounds are too fresh to decide...

To make matters worse, my state also passed a lovely "definition of marriage" amendment, which, thanks to its wording, not only bans gay marriage, but also endangers ALL domestic partner benefits regardless of gender.

Not to sound like a sore loser, but I'm not feeling too good about my fellow Americans right now. Not too good.

At least Kerry won Michigan...

bedbug
buyin' a studio

Post by bedbug » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:53 am

Canada for me

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:02 am

To the barricades, brothers and sisters. At least figuratively... we need to get control of our country again.

I'm somewhat hopeful that the Bush administration will self-destruct just like Nixon - another corrupt gang of Republicans.