Edwards in 2008

jdsowa
pushin' record

Re: Edwards in 2008

Post by jdsowa » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:27 am

McCain's had cancer and he would be over 70 in 2008. It's hard to imagine that he would try to run. But all the lying and stumping he did for Bush this year makes me wonder what he's got in mind.

The dems should try to get jon stewart to run. why not. it's already over anyway.

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:49 am

All I'm gonna say is, Edwards was an empty suit. And Kerry to most Amreicans was Dukakis with a Clinton hairdo.

The Dems should fire everybody involved with their entire program except for people who were the masterminds Bill Clinton's first-term inner circle. Push the Ivy League Northeasterners to the side and publicly reject the whole liberalism tag, tar the Republicans as racists and ideological demagogues and move to the center as a party of sensibility and the down-to-earth everyman. Promote Wesley Clark and Obama to the top of the ranks.

Then they most importantly need to do what the Republicans have done since Reagan, since forever -- they need to create a fictional candidate from the ground up, rather than just looking around and picking from whoever real flesh and blood Democrats are around at the time during primary season. W was born president, groomed for it -- so was Clinton for that matter, although his being president was more his own invention of his will than having it thrust upon him. Because a real person who runs for president inevitably gets ripped to shreds (see chapter on Gore for details).

That stuff with Bush's missing National Guard records and his buried DWIs? Tell me they weren't thinking about the game waay ahead of time, well before he was even governor of Texas.
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:21 am

Sometimes, honestly, people don't want a super smart ivyleague person-- they want a person that's like THEM. Like the working man, like the joe schmoe, just like them. Kerry probably didn't seem this way to most people. Bush does, moreso, because he seems really on their level (whether or not that's a good thing, i'm just stating an observation). Though he really isn't, he's not a working man or a joe schmoe, but he seems more like it on the surface. You know?

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:28 am

wing wrote:Sometimes, honestly, people don't want a super smart ivyleague person-- they want a person that's like THEM. Like the working man, like the joe schmoe, just like them. Kerry probably didn't seem this way to most people. Bush does, moreso, because he seems really on their level (whether or not that's a good thing, i'm just stating an observation). Though he really isn't, he's not a working man or a joe schmoe, but he seems more like it on the surface. You know?
See this is whats wrong. Why the hell would I want some uneducated moron like me running the country? I want a smart person. Bush puts on his fake down home face and everybody eats it up. He has never worked a day in his life. Every company he has ever run turned to shit! But ya know, he's a straight shooter and he goes to church, just like everybody else. GREAT.

yardleyone
steve albini likes it

Post by yardleyone » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:46 am

why don't the democrats just dunr david duke? he could win the south.
all the bad leaves fall on cake for heaven's sake

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:49 am

uhm...yeah. I think the whole KKK thing might push away women and minority votes though.

ataraxia
takin' a dinner break

Post by ataraxia » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:52 am

democrate... john bidden or someone we don't really care about that will be hyped up. pres, hillary clinton or barack obama Vice president.(to capture the minority vote. neither one will have enough respect from the predominately white male voter to run for president.)

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:52 am

why don't the democrats just run david duke? he could win the south.
Um, he's a Republican. I kid you not.
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:05 am

Elizabeth Edwards has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicsel ... ncer_x.htm

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:37 am

Rick Hunter wrote:
wing wrote:Sometimes, honestly, people don't want a super smart ivyleague person-- they want a person that's like THEM. Like the working man, like the joe schmoe, just like them. Kerry probably didn't seem this way to most people. Bush does, moreso, because he seems really on their level (whether or not that's a good thing, i'm just stating an observation). Though he really isn't, he's not a working man or a joe schmoe, but he seems more like it on the surface. You know?
See this is whats wrong. Why the hell would I want some uneducated moron like me running the country? I want a smart person. Bush puts on his fake down home face and everybody eats it up. He has never worked a day in his life. Every company he has ever run turned to shit! But ya know, he's a straight shooter and he goes to church, just like everybody else. GREAT.
oh no, i agree, i would think that people should want a highly educated person (though bush did attend yale, etc), someone that seems very smart. but through personal observation and from what i've been learning in govt and history classes, people's voting behavior tend for that "guy next door"-- they love the friendly guy that they feel relates to them, someone they feel knows what it's like to be them, someone they feel could be, like i said, "the guy next door". so i was not stating my own opinion, just an observation of how many people in america are.

zarcharius
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by zarcharius » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:42 am

ataraxia wrote:democrate... john bidden or someone we don't really care about that will be hyped up. pres, hillary clinton or barack obama Vice president.(to capture the minority vote. neither one will have enough respect from the predominately white male voter to run for president.)
Please no Hillary Clinton in 2008, as a NY Senator she hasn't done a hell of alot for her constituents here. It's possible that she's done some good for NYC, but the rest of the state has gotten a big fat squat from her.
Before feast there must be famine.

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:52 am

Plus you need someone who can pull in red states. She's a lightening rod, and the same thing would happen to her, what happened to Kerry, if she ran. Evan Baiy (or however you spell it)

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:53 pm

TrumpsHair wrote:Elizabeth Edwards has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicsel ... ncer_x.htm
This is sad. Horrible disease.

Caution ...mean politically motivated statement next:

I wonder if any doctor in NC is gonna want to treat her?
Maybe she can sue the cancer out of her body.

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 pm

Swingdoc while I disagree with your politics, you are a funny motherfucker.

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:19 pm

Humping your mother was indeed hilarious.