Edwards in 2008

wrenhunter
pushin' record

Re: Edwards in 2008

Post by wrenhunter » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:12 pm

Corporatist is a great word, but it really only covers the business side (you can make the point that the "church" is a corporation, too, but it's specious).

How about "rascals"? Too strong?

swingdoc
tinnitus

Post by swingdoc » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:52 pm

Here's a nice review of Edwards' career.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national ... -1949r.htm

lobstman
buyin' gear

Post by lobstman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:54 pm

wrenhunter wrote:Corporatist is a great word, but it really only covers the business side (you can make the point that the "church" is a corporation, too, but it's specious).
The idea is to imply that they've turned the government into a corporation, and we've become a nation of "shareholders" and "workers".
wrenhunter wrote:How about "rascals"? Too strong?
"Corporatist" is probably too mild and cerebral. How about "Reactionary"?

"The Reactionary Republicans want you to think they represent working families, but they're lying to us. The Reactionary agenda has little to do with everyday Americans- they want your vote so thay can continue to rob this country blind and destroy the very liberties our ancestors gave their lives to defend. Tell the Reactionaries in congress that you want your country back- vote (insert name here)"
Steve Albini used to like it

TrumpsHair
buyin' gear

Post by TrumpsHair » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:07 pm

I think I shall now refer to them as the Ralph Reed party.

concubine
re-cappin' neve

Post by concubine » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:18 pm

lobstman wrote:
wrenhunter wrote:Corporatist is a great word, but it really only covers the business side (you can make the point that the "church" is a corporation, too, but it's specious).
The idea is to imply that they've turned the government into a corporation, and we've become a nation of "shareholders" and "workers".
wrenhunter wrote:How about "rascals"? Too strong?
"Corporatist" is probably too mild and cerebral. How about "Reactionary"?

"The Reactionary Republicans want you to think they represent working families, but they're lying to us. The Reactionary agenda has little to do with everyday Americans- they want your vote so thay can continue to rob this country blind and destroy the very liberties our ancestors gave their lives to defend. Tell the Reactionaries in congress that you want your country back- vote (insert name here)"
i'd say 'corporatist theocratics.' the knee-jerks might be a good one too.

lobstman
buyin' gear

Post by lobstman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:31 pm

swingdoc wrote:Here's a nice review of Edwards' career.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/national ... -1949r.htm
It's true, the man is a shitheel. The Democrats should not allow him to advance in the party.

He's not even in the same league as Bush though- a man who has stolen at least one election (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/ ... index.html), used the US military as his own personal mercenary force, cynically used 9/11 to further his own power, constantly lied to the American people, blah blah blah.
Steve Albini used to like it

robotboy75
pluggin' in mics

Post by robotboy75 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:38 pm

The Washington Times is owned by Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church. You can get better reporting from the Watchtower or Freedom Magazine any day. Not so coincidentally, Carlton Sherwood (the creator of Stolen Honor) is a big fan of the culty loon. He wrote a book claiming that Moon's prosecution for tax evasion was. in fact, a form of religious persecution. In all fairness though: Hitler, Stalin, Jesus and Mohammed all posthumously endorse Moon (according to Moon) as a great messiah and teacher. So, there are some who find the Washington Times to be worth reading after all.

http://iapprovethismessiah.com/

greenmeansjoe
buyin' gear

Post by greenmeansjoe » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:22 pm

robotboy75 wrote:The Washington Times is owned by Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church.
Not to mention Sun Myung Moon is a big Bush backer.

Reading a Washington Times profile of Edwards is sort of like reading a MoveOn.org profile of Dick Cheney. Fair and balanced. And whatnot.

Bush is a dickface, by the way.

Just had to say that. Again.

Joe

Roman Sokal
buyin' gear

Post by Roman Sokal » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:36 pm

yeah, hillbillies makje good presidents. the mass pouli of common folk tend to relate to them more than the patrician types. however i don't think edwards is good enough to be president- he's kind of a joke in my book. i like how he got creamed by cheney during their debate. i'd imagine hillary clinton will run, but i don't think the same commonfolk would be comfortable with a woman in office...*not* my opinion, just a speculation. you never know, former nyc mayor rudy giulinani might run, as with senator john mc cain...though mc cain looks pretty frail health-wise these days...he needs to shape up physically!