halo 2!

kcrusher
tinnitus

halo 2!

Post by kcrusher » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:34 pm

Ok, is anybody else excited about this?

I'm not much for video games in general (though I do own an Xbox), but the original definitely took up plenty of my time....
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: halo 2!

Post by djdrake13 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:53 pm

not that game, but Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas has taken up all of my free time, and my girlfriend is ready to burn it! lol
Shut up and Strip Productions
"Always Hiring"

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:01 pm

burn as in copy -or- destroy?
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

djdrake13
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by djdrake13 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:12 pm

Destroy.. but she knows I'd just go buy it again.. Maybe i should copy it in case she does anyways!!
Shut up and Strip Productions
"Always Hiring"

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:00 pm

my girl played the crap out of GTA III. At first she was all 'what the hell do you play this stuff for', then one day I showed her - and she got hooked! Didn't really play it all that much myself, but she dug it.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

Monkeyfist
re-cappin' neve

Post by Monkeyfist » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:43 pm

Now that I have played Fable I am hoping Halo 2 is going to be better. All the screen shots I have seen so far have been insane. Insane Like a Fox!!!!
If you have legs and are on fire you are never blocking a fire exit.

M. Hedberg R.I.P.

www.10lblibido.com
www.hotlaundry.net
www.myspace.com/10lblibido
www.myspace.com/hotlaundry

horacesqueeze
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by horacesqueeze » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:11 pm

The Best Review I have read!

From The Portland Mercury:

Halo 2/ (Xbox, November 9) This is what I tell non-gamers when they ask why I stay up at night, literally counting the days until the sequel to /Halo/, Xbox's blockbuster sci-fi action shooter: "Well," I say, "it's the videogame equivalent of Jesus coming back to Earth, starting a rock band, and granting everyone's wishes. And giving away free cars to everybody. And the cars are Porsches. And they're made of gold and candy."

:lol:
3 Things to remember : Bones Heal, chicks dig scars and America has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the world!

stillafool
re-cappin' neve

Post by stillafool » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:00 pm

I'm actually juiced about Half Life 2 coming out in a couple of weeks, and kind of bummed that I don't have a computer fast enough to play it. I played all of the half life games. I'm playing Doom 3 now, and must say it's pretty cool.

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:19 pm

i understand these newfangled games... i want my sidescrollers back, i want my cheesy fm synth music back, i want my 32-bit polygons and 16/8-bit pixels back.

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:57 am

wing wrote:i understand these newfangled games... i want my sidescrollers back, i want my cheesy fm synth music back, i want my 32-bit polygons and 16/8-bit pixels back.
www.macmame.net

i can't live without Galaga!
- Hunter S. Thompson

monkeyboy
gettin' sounds

Post by monkeyboy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:00 am

You know. I don't care. This is just depressing how can you guys talk about video games? I mean the world is ending Bush took office! Aren't you paying attention. You might never get to play xbox live in a free country.

I heard he is going to ban all games that don't have religious references.

I think you guys need to get this thread back on track. I bet Kerry plays Halo and he prefers the big controller not that sissy S one that Bush uses.

*monkeyboy secretly setting up his new HDTV and surround sound, bought with the express purpose of Halo2 in mind.*
Nerp!

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:24 am

Hey, the reason Bush got re-elected (or elected, depending on how you view the 2000 results) is because all you newly registered voters age 18-29 were too busy smokin' weed and playing xbox to actually go and vote.

The youth vote, which was supposed to be so high, was the same as last time.

That said, I'm buying this game and another xbox. I had one, but my wife made me sell it. She ain't got nothing to say this time, dammit!

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Post by wing » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:17 am

monkeyboy wrote:You know. I don't care. This is just depressing how can you guys talk about video games? I mean the world is ending Bush took office! Aren't you paying attention. You might never get to play xbox live in a free country.

I heard he is going to ban all games that don't have religious references.

I think you guys need to get this thread back on track. I bet Kerry plays Halo and he prefers the big controller not that sissy S one that Bush uses.

*monkeyboy secretly setting up his new HDTV and surround sound, bought with the express purpose of Halo2 in mind.*
well we have to remain optimistic SOME way.

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:50 am

actually joe lieberman has always been at the forefront of videogame censorship...

at any rate i don't have an xbox. i've been playing shenmue and gitaroo man lately. i can only afford to spend an hour or two a week on video games so i try to make it count, mista.
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:05 am

Ah the Dreamcast. What a great console. I played Shenmue and almost every other DC game. One of my favorites was Tokyo Extreme Racing. The 2nd one was good, too.

I still think Soul Calibur is the best 3D fighter to date.