How quickly the thugs silenced the opposition

jdsowa
pushin' record

How quickly the thugs silenced the opposition

Post by jdsowa » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:15 am

Republican Sen. Arlen Specter just yesterday reminding people of the importance of checks and balances:
?The president is well aware of what happened, when a number of his nominees were sent up, with the filibuster,? Specter added, referring to Senate Democrats? success over the past four years in blocking the confirmation of many of Bush?s conservative judicial picks. ?... And I would expect the president to be mindful of the considerations which I am mentioning.?
The White House probably called his house and threatened to shoot his dog and now today we have an immediate retraction:
?Contrary to press accounts, I did not warn the President about anything and was very respectful of his Constitutional authority on the appointment of federal judges.

?In light of the repeated filibusters by the Democrats in the last Senate session, I am concerned about a potential repetition of such filibusters. I expect to work well with President Bush in the judicial confirmation process in the years ahead.?