Free iPod deal isn't a scam - I have personal proof!

kcrusher
tinnitus

Free iPod deal isn't a scam - I have personal proof!

Post by kcrusher » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:11 pm

Yup, this is NOT a scam. My g/f had me do this and she just got her 20gb iPod last week.

Now I'm trying to get one for myself! Whee!
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

atsoca
alignin' 24-trk

Re: Free iPod deal isn't a scam - I have personal proof!

Post by atsoca » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:09 pm

yea... if the people from here who registered with me , did you guys finish the offer?

if so -- this is not a scam... please do so

good luck, with your ipod quest !

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:20 pm

yeah the first 10 or 15 people in a pyramid scheme get paid... then about 100 people get screwed... but there is not monetary investment here, right? so i guess it's not such a scam afterall...

benton netty
studio intern

Post by benton netty » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:33 pm

it is real...i have friends who have gotten theirs.

wanna sign up? click the link in my sig. i only need a few more, and then it's ipod city for me! whee!

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:54 pm

Anything weird happen since? Like lots of telephone calls?? How does it work?

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:58 am

Nothing weird at all - we used a yahoo email address so all the spam goes there. No phone calls or anything like that.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:26 pm

bombastique wrote:Nothing weird at all - we used a yahoo email address so all the spam goes there. No phone calls or anything like that.
How do they make their money/afford the ipod?

waitingroom
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by waitingroom » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Which of the "deals" is the best one to do?

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:09 pm

how come all these people have done it, but nobody will explain what you have to do? :suspect:

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:38 am

Let's see - the deals I signed up for were Blockbuster and for a car quote. The deals change pretty regularly, but you almost always see the Blockbuster deal, AOL, credit card offers, car quotes, book clubs, etc. Even if you get hooked for a month the most you will end up spending is $40 - $60. A vast majority let you cancel before they charge you.

Essentially you have to sign up for 2 deals and get 5 friends to sign up for 2 deals each. When they've completed the deal/offer, you get your iPod.

There are tons of offers like this floating around - you can get cel phones, handheld games (Nintendo, Sony) and even an iBook or pc laptop if you're willing to go thru the trouble.

Here's a link:

http://www.internetopiniongroup.com/index.html
- Hunter S. Thompson

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:44 am

Let's see - the deals I signed up for were Blockbuster and for a car quote. The deals change pretty regularly, but you almost always see the Blockbuster deal, AOL, credit card offers, car quotes, book clubs, etc. Even if you get hooked for a month the most you will end up spending is $40 - $60. A vast majority let you cancel before they charge you.

Essentially you have to sign up for 2 deals and get 5 friends to sign up for 2 deals each. When they've completed the deal/offer, you get your iPod.

There are tons of offers like this floating around - you can get cel phones, handheld games (Nintendo, Sony) and even an iBook or pc laptop if you're willing to go thru the trouble.

Here's a link:

http://www.internetopiniongroup.com/index.html

You can see all the deals before signing up - I was considering doing the one for the iBook, but you have to sign up for 6 offers and none of them looked terribly interesting the last time I looked. Alot of them were credit card offers, which I'm not interested in. If you do it right, you can check out all the available deals, then work out a plan (since you have to take 2 deals from each page and some are duplicated on each page) to make it as easy as possible. The problem I had with the iBook deal was finding 6 offers that I could do that weren't credit card offers. If you get 5 friends to commit to it, you can all sign up the same day and all do the same deals - that way you all know when to cancel or whatever so you don't get dinged.

It's a bit of work, but can definitely be worth it.
- Hunter S. Thompson