heading to Portland

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

heading to Portland

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:52 am

...OR that is.

Any good shows happening this Friday or Saturday? I looked at the Mercury's calendar and nothing really popped out.

I'm thinking about picking up a rack while I'm down there. I've been to a few music stores down there, but I can't remember much.

It would also be cool to find a good used bike shop - preferably one that specializes in old school good stuff (Colnago, Pinarello, Mercian, etc...).

If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know. Oh, and if you want to hang, send me a PM.
Last edited by marqueemoon on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I the prostitute, shall not hide...
But I was very much bothered with my work!

Piotr
tinnitus

Re: heading to Portland

Post by Piotr » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:07 am

Then you must see Storm and the Balls on Saturday night!

http://www.stormlarge.com/
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:18 am

Walnut, is it true you're going to seattle to settle some score or other with some dudes sister's mother's brother?
beware bee wear

ataraxia
takin' a dinner break

Post by ataraxia » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:28 am

i'm heading to portland too this weekend must be a hot spot. im going to see the kills on friday. which is cool beause they arnt playing anywhere around where i live. if you never heard of them check them out. think pj harvey + yeah yeah yeahs?

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:30 am

Rick Hunter's band Yellow Dancer is playing The Paris Theater on the 3rd.

I've not done any bike shopping in P-town, but i bet there are a lot of good shops considering how bike friendly that town is.

horacesqueeze
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by horacesqueeze » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:45 pm

I second the Kills show on the 3rd, they did not disappoint last time; plus the venue The Doug Fir, is supposed to be pretty cool keeping with the ski lodge motif that is upstairs and having good sound.

City Bikes, a worker owned collective on 1914 SE Ankeny seems to always have some great bikes. I have heard that Veloshop is excellent as well. It's right downtown, off of W Burnside on 6th (between Jackpot records - a great shop and Peacock Thai - an excellent restaurant).

Enjoy the town!

-Miles
3 Things to remember : Bones Heal, chicks dig scars and America has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the world!

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:48 pm

I've got lots of scores to settle and they'll never even hear me comin'!

I may go next weekend to see my friend's new club in Fremont, Nectar. I also have some business to discuss with a couple ladies who make the best dog treats in the world. They are partners of mine, or rather I am a silent partner of theirs.

I am also going to be opening a pet food and supply store right here in Portland, although like democracy, I can't see what pets have anything to do with TapeOp...
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:41 pm

horacesqueeze wrote:I second the Kills show on the 3rd, they did not disappoint last time; plus the venue The Doug Fir, is supposed to be pretty cool keeping with the ski lodge motif that is upstairs and having good sound.

City Bikes, a worker owned collective on 1914 SE Ankeny seems to always have some great bikes. I have heard that Veloshop is excellent as well. It's right downtown, off of W Burnside on 6th (between Jackpot records - a great shop and Peacock Thai - an excellent restaurant).

Enjoy the town!

-Miles
Sweet. I can go to Veloshop and Jackpot Records while my girlfriend spends all afternoon loading up @ Powell's :roll:

(posting links for myself and trodden)

http://www.veloshop.org/shop.php
http://www.citybikes.coop/

Cool. The Doug Fir's on Burnside. That should be pretty easy to find.

trashy
dead but not forgotten

Post by trashy » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:45 pm

trodden wrote:Rick Hunter's band Yellow Dancer is playing The Paris Theater on the 3rd.
yeah, you have to go to this show. Support our little community here. Plus, there will be other tapeoppers there, and meeting other tapeoppers should be your life goal.

joeysimms
ears didn't survive the freeze

Post by joeysimms » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:51 pm

trashy wrote:
trodden wrote:Rick Hunter's band Yellow Dancer is playing The Paris Theater on the 3rd.
yeah, you have to go to this show. Support our little community here. Plus, there will be other tapeoppers there, and meeting other tapeoppers should be your life goal.
I resent that accusation, Barney.
beware bee wear

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:24 pm

trashy wrote:
Doh! Yes! That show is the same night, innit? I will try to make that one instead.

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:50 pm

Sweet!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

marqueemoon
carpal tunnel

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:42 pm

If you see a guy who looks like this at the Yellow Dancer show... Umm... throw a drink in his face or something.

Later y'all.

Piotr
tinnitus

Post by Piotr » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:54 pm

I always throw a drink if I see a guy who looks like that.

I get the same reaction everywhere I go!!!
Yours,

Piotr

piotr@thebarkmarket.com

----------------------
Id quod visum plocet

Thomas Aquinas

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Post by aurelialuz » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:52 am

marqueemoon wrote:
trashy wrote:
Doh! Yes! That show is the same night, innit? I will try to make that one instead.
yeah man, i'm going to this show. i'm sportin a pretty tight beard right now and will probably be wearing green pants. i almost always wear green pants. but if you see some bearded dude with green pants, ask him if his name is alex. should only take you six or seven tries to get the right person. the mysterious scott, creot master might be there too. no beard, pants of different color.
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."