questioning Rummy

andrew embassy
george martin

Re: questioning Rummy

Post by andrew embassy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:22 pm

ottokbre wrote:
andrew embassy wrote:
wrenhunter wrote:BTW, if anyone wants to hear what Rummy will sound like in 20 years (maybe less), check out the film Fog of War.
Rummsfeld isn't anywhere near as talented and multi-faceted as McNamera. McNamera was/is really smart and did a lot of things right (or as right as could be done) while Rumsfeld has shown himself time and time again to be incompetent and foolish.
if you look at his rants about the Soviet Union during the coldwar (on issues that have all been disproved) it becomes obvious that this guy has made a career of making bad calls look like some grand strategy.
I'm not saying McNamera isn't prone to stupid whiteman disease, but I think overall, his track record isn't nearly so dismal as Rumsfelds, and I highly doubt that Rummy will write a self-examining book that attempts to understand why things went so wrong. Nobody's here to exhonorate McNamera, but I'd rather have McNamera in Rummy's position three years ago; I think he would have made much smarter decisions than Rumsfeld, if not more moral ones.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:46 pm

Mr PC wrote:Wren- You can't take every damn possibility into account before going to war. You can't tell the future. 20/20 hindsight is nice, but not realistic.
Do you live on the same planet? How could you possibly rub two rocks together and still maintain that the Iraq attack was critically necessary?

Oh gee, how could he have known before going to war that the soliders would need protection.

He's only human, man. Com' on.

wrenhunter
pushin' record

Post by wrenhunter » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:09 pm

andrew embassy wrote:I'm not saying McNamera isn't prone to stupid whiteman disease, but I think overall, his track record isn't nearly so dismal as Rumsfelds, and I highly doubt that Rummy will write a self-examining book that attempts to understand why things went so wrong. Nobody's here to exhonorate McNamera, but I'd rather have McNamera in Rummy's position three years ago; I think he would have made much smarter decisions than Rumsfeld, if not more moral ones.
I guess I agree, but in the end, would it really be a great advantage to have a smart amoral wonkbot at Defense?

Also, just change "self-examining" to "self-justifying" and you'll be able to imagine Rummy's future book perfectly.
All the boys with their homemade microphones have very interesting sounds. -- Dan Behar

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:58 am

sonichue wrote:
Mr PC wrote:Wren- You can't take every damn possibility into account before going to war. You can't tell the future. 20/20 hindsight is nice, but not realistic.
Do you live on the same planet? How could you possibly rub two rocks together and still maintain that the Iraq attack was critically necessary?

Oh gee, how could he have known before going to war that the soliders would need protection.

He's only human, man. Com' on.

its futile to argue with an idiot such as MR PC.
youre assuming he would argue your comments and have a vaild points as arguments, but instead he simply recites fox propaganda.

he hand picks what is convenient to his beliefs, and looks the other way what doesnt.
just like every other bush bitch out there, he is too dumb to realise the obvious tyrrany taking place or hes just too scared to admit it to himself.

either way, he is a pathetic ignoramus and not worth wasting your time.
Last edited by high tek on Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ottokbre
deaf.

Post by ottokbre » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:41 am

andrew embassy wrote:
ottokbre wrote:
andrew embassy wrote:
wrenhunter wrote:BTW, if anyone wants to hear what Rummy will sound like in 20 years (maybe less), check out the film Fog of War.
Rummsfeld isn't anywhere near as talented and multi-faceted as McNamera. McNamera was/is really smart and did a lot of things right (or as right as could be done) while Rumsfeld has shown himself time and time again to be incompetent and foolish.
if you look at his rants about the Soviet Union during the coldwar (on issues that have all been disproved) it becomes obvious that this guy has made a career of making bad calls look like some grand strategy.
I'm not saying McNamera isn't prone to stupid whiteman disease, but I think overall, his track record isn't nearly so dismal as Rumsfelds, and I highly doubt that Rummy will write a self-examining book that attempts to understand why things went so wrong. Nobody's here to exhonorate McNamera, but I'd rather have McNamera in Rummy's position three years ago; I think he would have made much smarter decisions than Rumsfeld, if not more moral ones.
actually I was talking about Rummy in the coldwar when he headed up the spviet arms investigation which basicly said that the fact they couldnt find the soviet top secret weapon was proof that it was being built. :roll:

this guy is about his 'legacy'. he's a career civilian, yet people look at him like he was a five star general, which is grossly inaccurate. he's an political operative, not a military man.
boobs are life's fountain

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:00 am

Mr PC wrote:
The way many in the media would have you believe is that Rummy never heard of the armor problem until a soldier pointed it out. In fact, there is a lot that is being done in response to the new challenges presented in Iraq.

PC
I believe Rummy heard about it before the soldier brought it up, he just didn't DO anything about it - thus his hesitation and request for the soldier to repeat the question. He was stalling for time to come up with a good excuse because he KNEW he was busted. Thus the truly LAME fucking excuses he presented.

Ya know, Mr. PC - I really am getting more and more convinced that you have sold into this vile administrations B.S. lock, stock and barrel. In spite of every bit of evidence to the contrary, you continue to present regurgitated answers fed to you by the media. Your seemingly complete lack of skepticism in this administrations abilities to govern, despite all the evidence that skepticism is absolutely critical at this point, lends me to believe you either don't care or just don't want to think that, yes, they truly are feeding america a line of b.s.

Please, tell me which inspection team was saying that Iraq had WMD's - and provide some proof.

Please, show me where this administrations tacit approval of torture techniques were just the result of a 'few bad apples' - and provide some proof.

I'd ask for more, but I'd like to see your replies to these. I doubt you have any and will give some pat answer about 'not getting into this again' because I truly believe you don't have an ounce of evidence to support your stance.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson