Militant Grammarians of Massachusetts

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Militant Grammarians of Massachusetts

Post by inverseroom » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:51 pm

jajjguy wrote:My fellows, I am pleased and gratified that someone of us has finally seen fit to stand up and take notice of all this unwarranted tomfoolery. Those who would play fast and loose with the printed word shall no longer do so with impunity! Together let us put a stop to such lamentable use of language. I propose that, if anyone of us shall come across such a repugnant grammatical construction, he shall stand up and shout, "Fie!" Only then shall the transgressing ignoramus know the true horror of what he has done.

My gentle people, let us not let this endeavor die softly; let us declare our purpose clearly and proudly whenever occasion shall arrive. Together, we shall be heeded.

I remain your true and humble servant,
Jajjguy Maurice Huckles Fountworthy
This from a guy with a double "j" in his name!

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Re: Militant Grammarians of Massachusetts

Post by andyg666 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:43 pm

jajjguy wrote:My fellows, I am pleased and gratified that someone of us has finally seen fit to stand up and take notice of all this unwarranted tomfoolery. Those who would play fast and loose with the printed word shall no longer do so with impunity! Together let us put a stop to such lamentable use of language. I propose that, if anyone of us shall come across such a repugnant grammatical construction, he shall stand up and shout, "Fie!" Only then shall the transgressing ignoramus know the true horror of what he has done.

My gentle people, let us not let this endeavor die softly; let us declare our purpose clearly and proudly whenever occasion shall arrive. Together, we shall be heeded.

I remain your true and humble servant,
Jajjguy Maurice Huckles Fountworthy
I nominate jajjguy for President of the Militant Grammarians of Tape Op!!

JGriffin
zen recordist

Re: Millitant Grammarians of Massachusetts

Post by JGriffin » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:10 pm

Karlos the Jackal wrote:"Baited" breath. ARGH BAITED?! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SAYING?
Well, obviously he's saying he's been eating worms again.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/