The sopranos

Kilroy
buyin' gear

The sopranos

Post by Kilroy » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:01 pm

So who likes the show the sopranos?? I just rented the whole first season, and am gonna watch it soon with a friend. A bunch of people told me it was good, so hopefully i wont be disapointed

-chris

Cappy*tan
gettin' sounds

Re: The sopranos

Post by Cappy*tan » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:05 pm

I love it. My Dad and I...we were walking through a store one day last winter...neither of us had DVD players.....we saw two copies of the first season.....on DVD. Bought the DVD players just so we could get the first season..which led to every other season. lol Yeah, if you like mafia movies and such....the Sopranos will keep you occupied. :) Good show.

Al_Huero
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Al_Huero » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:06 pm

It's a great show. Not sure when they're going to be releasing any new episodes, but you've got a healthy backlog to go through. Enjoy.

bad_dude_69
re-cappin' neve

Post by bad_dude_69 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:48 pm

i think they're on hiatus until '06.
medicate? oh, i thought you said "meditate."

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:40 pm

i was totally addicted to that show for a while. if you like gangster movies and shows, you'll love the sopranos--as it is the only one i've seen that has a real modern "today" feel without being comical. not that it's not humorous, but i think it's a bit more believable and definitely more engrossing than other mordern-day gangsta flicks.

hammertime
re-cappin' neve

Post by hammertime » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:35 pm

The first two seasons were pretty entertaining -- they should have stopped there though. The more I watch the Sopranos, and Oz, and some of those others, the less I like them. HBO has cornered the market on pretentious entertainment, and I really think it's gone to their heads.

bobbydj
on a wing and a prayer

Post by bobbydj » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:23 am

Yeah - same here. The 1st 2 were best, I think. If you like watching pregnant prostitutes getting beaten to death, this show is for you.
Bobby D. Jones
Producer/Engineer
(Wives with Knives, Tyrone P. Spink, Potemkin Villagers et al)

drmorbius
gettin' sounds

Post by drmorbius » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:35 am

hammertime wrote:The first two seasons were pretty entertaining -- they should have stopped there though. The more I watch the Sopranos, and Oz, and some of those others, the less I like them. HBO has cornered the market on pretentious entertainment, and I really think it's gone to their heads.
Totally. The first season of Oz was awesome. The second sucked IMO. I mean, did I really need to see Beecher bite off the head of someone's dick and spit it out? And the writers strayed from all the great characterizations. All that stuff with the wheelchair guy in the rotating room was stupid in both seasons, though. And the part where the guy who played the cello got iced was pretty melodramatic.

hammertime
re-cappin' neve

Post by hammertime » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:45 am

I thought the culmination of Oz/the Sopranos was that little made-for-tv movie they did with Al Pacino where he played Roy Cohen -- Angels in America or something like that. A little bit of dream psychology and symbolism can really go a long way, and alot of it just makes for plain shitty entertainment.

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:02 am

enough of these inbetween opinions and interjections and asides!!! the question was "who likes the sopranos." you either like them or you don't!! yes or no!! good or bad!! there are only two opinions!!! don't you people watch fox news?!?!?

:wink:

foley
pushin' record

Post by foley » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:42 pm

I liked the sopranos, but I don't have HBO so it's been like two years since I've seen a fresh episode. When the fuck is the fifth season coming out on DVD. Last I can recall, Tony and the wife were ... oops ... better not spoil it.

My wife and I just finished the first season of The Wire. Excellent, excellent show.

MichaelAlan
tinnitus

Post by MichaelAlan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:30 pm

My wife and I became Sopranos junkies and rented all 4 of the seasons that are out on DVD. I love the show.

Mike
All energy flows according to the whims of the great magnet...

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Post by Kilroy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:39 pm

only got 3 epsisodes left in the first season. It's really good, i like it a lot.

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:05 pm

bobbydj wrote:If you like watching pregnant prostitutes getting beaten to death, this show is for you.
and who doesn't, really.