New Year's Resolutions

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

New Year's Resolutions

Post by Rigsby » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:43 am

I tend to think they're a bit stupid myself, most people break them pretty quickly. I guess i tend to try to want to make every year better than the last but that's not really a resolution.

Anyone made any?
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

Stephen B.
gettin' sounds

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Post by Stephen B. » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:56 am

I have: to practice guitar at least 1 hour every day. I know an hour is child's play to many, but when you go from none to one, that's a pretty big increase.
"Badness is only spoiled goodness."

C.S. Lewis

MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:43 am

I made a resolution to make only one resolution and stick to it no matter what.
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

horacesqueeze
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by horacesqueeze » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:05 am

My favorite resolutions are the folks who come to the gym for the first month and a half, crowd it up than by the middle of February its back to normal.

Mine is to get to know Ableton Live in and out. I even got a book. Sounds easier than quitting smoking or losing "that final 10 pounds since jr. was born"

Bah Humbug,
Miles
3 Things to remember : Bones Heal, chicks dig scars and America has the best doctor to daredevil ratio in the world!

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:40 am

More rock, less talk--

PC

Nori
audio school graduate

Post by Nori » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:06 pm

new years resolution: to stop sitting on this damn computer so much!!!!!

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:04 pm

my fiancee and i resolved to get on a regular excercise schedule and get in shape!! the other nite i was changing my shirt and she said "are you pushing your belly out?!?" i knew it was time...

inverseroom
on a wing and a prayer

Post by inverseroom » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:33 pm

Get my hand off my face

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:40 pm

I usually don't make new year's resolutions. I had sort of a new year's goal, which was to finish a client web site project that has dragged on for like 1 1/2 years, before the end of the year. I finished it last night at 11:48 PM. How's that for a wild new year's party?

I did decide yesterday that I now have a medium term goal: To find my own sound musically, write and record my own full-length CD, and release it before I hit 35 (I'm 33). With a three year old boy and a baby girl expected to arrive any day now, this may actually be a tight timeline, but it's at least something to shoot for.

Cappy*tan
gettin' sounds

Post by Cappy*tan » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:25 pm

Eh, I don't even celebrate new year's. Well, no more than saying, "Hey, it's not 2004 anymore." heh But......I keep trying this....I'm gonna try to be a nicer person this year. Not to complain but I've got serious sinus and arthritis problems...which leads me to snapping at people who don't deserve it, just cause I'm in a bad mood or something. I mean, if I'm in a bad mood and you say something to me....just BECAUSE you speak to me doesn't mean you should be a target. So yeah....I'm gonna try and keep myself under control a bit better. I'm pretty good at not saying anything, but sometimes, you know.....I mean, sometimes when you're in pretty constant pain...it's just easier to tell someone off than to talk to someone. Not saying it's right, cause it isn't...just saying that sometimes it's easier. I've said a lot of things to a lot of people who didn't deserve it. And by the time I apologize...eh, they usually don't want to hear from me. But...if I have a resolution...it's to try and be a nicer guy. Which I guess all of us could be.

spideyjack
takin' a dinner break

Post by spideyjack » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:32 pm

[quote="inverseroom"]Get my hand off my face[/quote][quote]

Heh!!

spideyjack[/quote]

Rigsby
mixes from purgatory

Post by Rigsby » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:40 pm

Cappy*tan wrote:Eh, I don't even celebrate new year's. Well, no more than saying, "Hey, it's not 2004 anymore." heh But......I keep trying this....I'm gonna try to be a nicer person this year. Not to complain but I've got serious sinus and arthritis problems...which leads me to snapping at people who don't deserve it, just cause I'm in a bad mood or something. I mean, if I'm in a bad mood and you say something to me....just BECAUSE you speak to me doesn't mean you should be a target. So yeah....I'm gonna try and keep myself under control a bit better. I'm pretty good at not saying anything, but sometimes, you know.....I mean, sometimes when you're in pretty constant pain...it's just easier to tell someone off than to talk to someone. Not saying it's right, cause it isn't...just saying that sometimes it's easier. I've said a lot of things to a lot of people who didn't deserve it. And by the time I apologize...eh, they usually don't want to hear from me. But...if I have a resolution...it's to try and be a nicer guy. Which I guess all of us could be.
Mate, i really feel for you, i can imagine it's pretty hard not to be crabby sometimes.
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

rigsbysmith.com

anewman
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by anewman » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:19 pm

No more sex with super-models.
I'm a recordist; engineers have degrees.

Rick Hunter
dead but not forgotten

Post by Rick Hunter » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:46 pm

I have been trying to draw more. I dont know if thats a resolution.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:06 pm

Less tape-oping ruminating.

Oh shit....