open letter to your congressperson

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

open letter to your congressperson

Post by andyg666 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:49 am

I recently composed and sent this letter to my congressman. I urge all of you who feel the same to do the same...

--------------------

In light of the recent tragedy in Southeast Asia, I think it is time for the US government to immediately cease its practice of warmongering in the name of corporate interests and to start sharing our immense wealth with those in need. We spend hundreds of millions per day making war for oil while millions suffer the devastation wrought by the tsunami and millions more suffer due directly to American foreign policy. If the deaths of over 100,000 people don't spark us to change our ways and begin to heal and unite as human beings, what will?

I believe it is time for us to end this senseless and astronomically expensive war and instead invest in rebuilding Southeast Asia as well as alternative enegery, as our dependence on cheap oil kills hundreds per day in Iraq and elsewhere. It's time to show some humility and genuine kindness. We pay lip service to peace and rebuilding but our country is the world's single largest murderer and exploiter of the poor for the profits of the already wealthy. I don't mean to sound overly negative by saying this, but I believe it's an accurate characterization.

Please take my words to heart, share my feelings with your fellow congress people, and together I hope we can start to turn the tides and usher in a new age of true peace and global prosperity--an age where government truly acts for the greater good of humanity. Time is growing short and I fear that if we don't make drastic changes soon, we will live only long enough to regret it.

bigtoe
deaf.

Re: open letter to your congressperson

Post by bigtoe » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:03 am

welcome to the FBI list!

Mike

andyg666
re-cappin' neve

Post by andyg666 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:09 am

i was on the mass green party and green party US payroll in 2000-2001, so i'm already on that list i'm sure....

but seriously, if you think that fear in any way is going to stop me from voicing my opinion, well, then you don't know me. and if fear in any way stops any of you from voicing your own opinion, you're part of the problem.

Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel

Post by Mr. Dipity » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:05 pm

andyg666 wrote:I recently composed and sent this letter to my congressman. I urge all of you who feel the same to do the same...
Done....

Fieryjack
steve albini likes it

Post by Fieryjack » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:10 pm

Sseredipity,

Did you wax any of your own poetic into the letter? How 'bout giving him a nice four letter word for good measure?

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:22 pm

Jack- chill out.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

CaptainAdultDiapers
gettin' sounds

Post by CaptainAdultDiapers » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:51 pm

I like it and will do the same. You spelled energy wrong though.

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:54 pm

I just wrote Senator Boxer...
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:53 pm

Why didn't anyone here write a letter like that when Saddam Hussein killed 300,000 people? 400,000? 500,000?

How many does it take to be outraged, anyway?
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:36 am

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:Why didn't anyone here write a letter like that when Saddam Hussein killed 300,000 people? 400,000? 500,000?

Maybe because he was doing it with US backing for such a long time.

bigtoe
deaf.

Post by bigtoe » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:02 am

"if fear in any way stops any of you from voicing your own opinion, you're part of the problem."

not at all. i was kidding and i'm probably a docket clerk instead of president due to my pie hole.

anyway, your letter is the equivalent to a hallmark ziggy card. it's intentions are good but it hardly says anything. i would hope a staffer would handle it. save paper and send it in email form.

see? no fear. :)

peace,
Mike

psinglet
takin' a dinner break

Post by psinglet » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:20 am

Why didn't anyone here write a letter like that when Saddam Hussein killed 300,000 people? 400,000? 500,000?
Done. My wife and some of her friends did that back when the Kurds were being gassed back during the Reagan/Bush years. No response.

CaptainAdultDiapers
gettin' sounds

Post by CaptainAdultDiapers » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:35 am

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:Why didn't anyone here write a letter like that when Saddam Hussein killed 300,000 people? 400,000? 500,000?

Because I would've of been about 10 years old then, DUH!

Get your head out of the body bag and see the big picture.