I Don't Like Movies About Nazis

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

I Don't Like Movies About Nazis

Post by Girl Toes » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:03 pm

I went and saw "Hitler's Hit Parade" tonight, a film about high culture, music, films, in germany, around the time of the Holocaust. Though most of it consisted of pretty dancing girls who I enjoyed, what a fucking sick culture that was. I just want to puke right now.

YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Re: I Don't Like Movies About Nazis

Post by YOUR KONG » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:01 am

You forgot the obligatory comparison to the US of the last 4 years. You are penalized 4 liberal points. Didn't you think of poor, neglected Godwin?

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:48 am

What really amazes me about Nazi Germany is that Hitler was considered a sex symbol. There's incredible recollections by those who lived through that period about young women swooning at the sight of Adolf. Nearly unbelievable.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:56 am

Hey, didn't Hitler have syphilis...

andrew embassy
george martin

Post by andrew embassy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:25 am

He had a cleft palette that's for sure.
HEY! Who forgot they bag?

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Post by coniferouspine » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:28 am

If you don't like movies about Nazis, you probably won't like books about them either. But there is a very fascinating book called

"Did You Ever See Hitler?" by Walter Kempowski, (translated by Michael Roloff, Avon Books, 1975). Basically it's just a bunch of interviews with people, Germans and Jews from all walks of German life, ordinary people and ex-Nazi officials, all of the interviews start with one question: "Did you Ever See Hitler?" and then the people interviewed in the book answer and describe their encounters with him in their own words. Most Germans never saw him in person, he was very elusive and secretive. Others in this book who did see him describe their encounters with him, the rallies, Nazi meetings, the waiting around for him to arrive, they discuss all the details of his appearance and the tactics he would use to draw crowds and keep them engaged, how he presented himself and used the power of the stage and whatnot, and they do get into the whole "Hitler as sex symbol" thing. It's quite chilling. But it's a really good read.
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:46 am

That book sounds interesting; I may give it a go if I can find it at the library.

Terlet Maw
audio school graduate

Post by Terlet Maw » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:50 am

Check out "Blind Spot" - a droning subtitled 90-minute video of his former personal secretary - even she hardly ever saw him.

high tek
takin' a dinner break

Post by high tek » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:32 am

King Kong Kitchie Kitchie wrote:You forgot the obligatory comparison to the US of the last 4 years. You are penalized 4 liberal points. Didn't you think of poor, neglected Godwin?
well lets not forget how bushs pants were stuffed when he was wearing that flight costume at the famous "mission accomplished" assembly to impress the gals.
bush as a sex symbol is just as funny as hitler.

i wonder if bush satisfies his wife in bed.
on the other hand, hes probably into 12 year old boys.

MASSIVE Mastering
buyin' a studio

Post by MASSIVE Mastering » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:25 pm

Only at the TapeOp forum can a discussion on the horrors of Nazism turn into thoughts of the President of the United States being "into" 12-year old boys...
John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:59 pm

Try watching Schindler's List on two hits of acid...i couldn't take it and had to go outside and sweep the driveway. i guess actually i swept the driveway after i started screaming uncontrollably everytime a bandmate would try to close the window, while they were trying to watch Schindler's List. They later took the broom away from me so i wandered around town.

sonikbliss
buyin' a studio

Post by sonikbliss » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Image :?: :?: :?: :?:

Girl Toes
carpal tunnel

Post by Girl Toes » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:04 pm

I take it back. I love The Great Dictator.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:54 pm

MASSIVE Mastering wrote:Only at the TapeOp forum can a discussion on the horrors of Nazism turn into thoughts of the President of the United States being "into" 12-year old boys...
We're working on the Golem effect. You know, low expectations leading to poor performance, ultimate failure. It's not working, cause as he often reminds us, he's a Bush, and somehow that keeps him from falling over. I have to give him credit for that. He's a hearty cockroach. :D

Could you imagine actually having a crack at the guy, putting him into a position to deny that he likes boys. All you have to do is somehow maintain composure, and get the idea into the head of his supporters -- the gullible folks who believe him about freedom, democracy, terrorism, weapons of mass distruction, etc.

jamoo
buyin' a studio

Post by jamoo » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:00 pm

andrew embassy wrote:He had a cleft palette that's for sure.
Like this?