Flaming Lips Photo Book

chris harris
speech impediment

Re: Flaming Lips Photo Book

Post by chris harris » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:30 pm

The Lips have been playing live with a drummer for the last two years or so. The drummerless live shows only lasted during the Soft Bulletin touring... and, even then, Kliph joined them for some of the later shows.

Kliph Scurlock is their touring drummer and is AMAZING!

Electro-Voice 664
re-cappin' neve

Post by Electro-Voice 664 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:15 pm

Love the lips!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beck is so so. But man, Ronald the guitar player from the transmissions era is missed by me big time
"Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz. On your five grand stereo."

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:27 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:The Lips have been playing live with a drummer for the last two years or so. The drummerless live shows only lasted during the Soft Bulletin touring... and, even then, Kliph joined them for some of the later shows.

Kliph Scurlock is their touring drummer and is AMAZING!
Yes, Kliph is a bad ass...

My brother in law did the artwork on the drums Kliph uses for the lips live show.. Well i think he uses them sometimes.. I heard that Wayne didn't like them so i'm not sure if it was allowed.. I'm pretty sure the kit is being displayed at Namm and they're giving away a snare he painted as well.

Zoltar
gettin' sounds

Post by Zoltar » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:41 pm

Ever couple of months or so, I put on the Soft Bullitin, and I end up just stopping whatever I was doing, and listen. I think it is the best album of the 90's and the best live show I have ever attended. Certainly a little different playing with the tape and video, but the town was covered in confetti for several miles around the theater after the show.