YOUR KONG
buyin' a studio

Hey The South

Post by YOUR KONG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:58 am

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Re: Hey The South

Post by coniferouspine » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:20 pm

The States that observe Lee-Jackson-King day are all red states whose elected leaders were also at the heart of the Contract With America, Newt Gingrich revolution, Bob Jones University, these same states were the ones w/ confederate flag controversies, etc. Is it a coincidence?
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

dirty
steve albini likes it

Post by dirty » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:37 pm

They're talking about the car, right?

jmiller
steve albini likes it

Post by jmiller » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:50 pm

I don't get the whole confederate flag thing, especially when next to the american flag, or in conjunction with american patriotism. Aren't they mutually exclusive? I thought they wanted to secede. They shouldn't be able to fly that flag AND be part of the union. One or the other, douchebags.

Zoltar
gettin' sounds

Post by Zoltar » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:58 am

As a southern Canadian, I can sympathize with the southern States. One question though, is the stars and stripes synonomus with the Union. I mean it was the Confederate States *of America*. I see the stars and bars as far north as Pittsburg, I don't think they are un-American, but I didn't study american history, so please enlighten me.

I don't know what I am saying here. I appreciate the southern hospitallity and pace of life, and the Yankee/New England/Midwest energy and cities, the Californian weather, and the northwest too. I even like Texas when I am there (most Texans seem almost Canadian to me, strange). But I think the bible belt should just take their political views and make a new country so the rest of you guys can get back to your roots. (life, liberty, etc).

BTW, has anybody else scene the mayor of Detroit telling his body guards to rough up a reporter. Detroit needs help.

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:35 pm

Zoltar wrote:As a southern Canadian, I can sympathize with the southern States. One question though, is the stars and stripes synonomus with the Union. I mean it was the Confederate States *of America*. I see the stars and bars as far north as Pittsburg, I don't think they are un-American, but I didn't study american history, so please enlighten me.

I don't know what I am saying here. I appreciate the southern hospitallity and pace of life, and the Yankee/New England/Midwest energy and cities, the Californian weather, and the northwest too. I even like Texas when I am there (most Texans seem almost Canadian to me, strange). But I think the bible belt should just take their political views and make a new country so the rest of you guys can get back to your roots. (life, liberty, etc).

BTW, has anybody else scene the mayor of Detroit telling his body guards to rough up a reporter. Detroit needs help.

Stars and bars = confederate flag = declared ENEMY of the United States of America.