Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Fieryjack
steve albini likes it
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:25 am
Location: New York, USA

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by Fieryjack » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:55 am

She can't be president, because though smart, she's far from smooth.
Yeah, maybe you're right. Here's to Hilary in '08!!

User avatar
Mr. Dipity
carpal tunnel
Posts: 1528
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:29 am

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by Mr. Dipity » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:50 am

TrumpsHair wrote:Do you think she's ever given W a handjob? I'm guessing, Yes!
I don't think it ever happened, but I'm sure they've both thought about it.

Fieryjack
steve albini likes it
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:25 am
Location: New York, USA

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by Fieryjack » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:56 am

From CNN:
On a 16-2 vote, members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee today voted to confirm Condoleezza Rice as secretary of state, sending her nomination to the full Senate for review. The two dissenting votes came from Democratic senators John Kerry and Barbara Boxer.

"The two dissenting votes came from Democratic senators John Kerry and Barbara Boxer."

Real surprise there.

JASIII
george martin
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:59 am
Location: On the Tundra

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by JASIII » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:56 am

Fieryjack wrote:
She skated through this process.
She skated through the process because she's smarter than they are, and she's a woman of integrity. I hope she is our 1st female, black president someday.
I hope you're joking
"If you will starve unless you become a rock star, then you have bigger problems than whether or not you are a rock star. " - Steve Albini

User avatar
kcrusher
tinnitus
Posts: 1200
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:28 am
Location: Location! Location!
Contact:

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by kcrusher » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:34 am

JASIII wrote:
Fieryjack wrote:
She skated through this process.
She skated through the process because she's smarter than they are, and she's a woman of integrity. I hope she is our 1st female, black president someday.
I hope you're joking
Unfortunately, I don't think he is. FieryJack is known as a 'no questions asked neo-con supporter' who has no rebuttal or supporting evidence for any of the twaddle he spouts.

Just another Fox news regurgitator.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

Fieryjack
steve albini likes it
Posts: 385
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:25 am
Location: New York, USA

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by Fieryjack » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:37 am

Yeah, there's neo-conservative, right winger conspirators lurking around here. Scary stuff!! :shock:

User avatar
ottokbre
deaf.
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 8:54 am
Location: sanfranzizko

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by ottokbre » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:02 am

Fieryjack wrote:From CNN:
"The two dissenting votes came from Democratic senators John Kerry and Barbara Boxer."

Real surprise there.
when you have one party controling everything, what does it fucking matter who dissented?

User avatar
JGriffin
zen recordist
Posts: 6739
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:44 pm
Location: criticizing globally, offending locally
Contact:

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by JGriffin » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:17 am

fieryjack wrote: I hope she is our 1st female, black president someday.
Even if we were to be hopeful enough to think that America is ready for a president who is black or a president who is a woman--let alone both, which I don't think we are, personality and charisma played a huge role in the last four presidential elections--we are a shallow people. I don't think Condi has the image thing down enough to win.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
andyg666
re-cappin' neve
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:25 am
Location: Witchtown, MA
Contact:

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by andyg666 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:02 pm

ottokbre wrote: when you have one party controling everything, what does it fucking matter who dissented?
when both parties essentially have the same goals in mind, what does anything that happens in this crock of a democracy matter? the two party system is fucked. it's run by a bunch of multi-millionaires with the sole purpose of keeping the power structure exactly as it is, making the rich richer, and spewing gobs and gobs of propaganda at the proletariates to keep them occupied and somewhat satisfied with the world that's being created by the super-elite richness. about 1% of the world is defining reality for the other 99% of us. well, for some that's alright but it makes me want to puke.

:kotzen: :kotzen: :kotzen:

User avatar
ottokbre
deaf.
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 8:54 am
Location: sanfranzizko

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by ottokbre » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:55 pm

Fieryjack wrote:
She skated through this process.
she's a woman of integrity. .
Condoleezza Rice wrote: Senator, first of all, I do agree that the tsunami was a wonderful opportunity to show not just the U.S. government, but the heart of the American people. And I think it has paid great dividends for us.
Integrity in making her administration look good, sure, I'll give you that.

User avatar
dirty
steve albini likes it
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Rockland, ME
Contact:

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by dirty » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:43 pm

She skated through the process because she's smarter than they are, and she's a woman of integrity. I hope she is our 1st female, black president someday
What's the evidence that she's smart? The tanker that was named after her? The fact that she worked at Stanford? I'm not buying it for a second.

What kind of NSA goes out on the campaign trail for her husban- I mean president while the country is (allegedly) under the dire threat of pre-election terrorist attack?

Either she was too incompetent to be a necessary part of the process, or she was shirking her duty in a blatant and shameful way.

User avatar
cassettefetish
steve albini likes it
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:59 pm

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by cassettefetish » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Some local radio announcer in my area got in big trouble for calling Condoleeeeeeeeeeezzza Bush's 'Aunt Jemima."

Spot on.

--Nick

User avatar
dirty
steve albini likes it
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Rockland, ME
Contact:

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by dirty » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:56 pm

Your cat is wicked gross.

I mean, um... did you say something?

User avatar
ottokbre
deaf.
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 8:54 am
Location: sanfranzizko

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by ottokbre » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:27 am

cassettefetish wrote:Some local radio announcer in my area got in big trouble for calling Condoleeeeeeeeeeezzza Bush's 'Aunt Jemima."

Spot on.

--Nick
Rice is black?! :?: :?: :?:

User avatar
Bad Halen
gettin' sounds
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 10:11 pm

Re: Oh SNAP! (Condi Hearings)

Post by Bad Halen » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:52 am

Hey Andyg666......

What exactly is going on in your avatar?

Strange little scenario (or so it seems.......)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests