staples, for my skull?

SqueeGees
gimme a little kick & snare

staples, for my skull?

Post by SqueeGees » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:53 pm

Just another wednesday, i go out to the garage to warm up my car, it is 20 some odd degrees today, so i thought it could use a "warm up." after that i attempt to open my garage door, its one solid door with a counter wieght balance system of pullies and reinforced steel ( i think its steel) wire. This door was put in about twenty years befor i was born, in 1981. When i pulled on the rope connected to the garage door something, iam still not clear on what, broke. This big ass door came crashing down on me. Hitting me in the head and shoulder, while pinning me between it and the car's trunk.

Needless to say this hurt like hell. My wife takes me to the emergancy room and waits for me while the crack staff of nurses and one really lazy fat ass doctor takes X-rays, blood presure, temp. and all the other things these people will charge me with later. Turns out I did not brake my arm. and i will just need staples in my head to keep the wound closed.

All in all a pretty good day so far, and getting better. They gave me pain killers and muscle relaxers... however i wont get to play and drums untill my arm feels better... OUCH.
fantabulospleefiasco

sweet zombie jesus

Kilroy
buyin' gear

Re: staples, for my skull?

Post by Kilroy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:13 pm

That sucks

kcrusher
tinnitus

Post by kcrusher » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:43 pm

Most likely that little 'accident' saved your life.

You were just about to get in your car and someone was going to run a red light and smash into you. Lucky for you, that garage door came down and prevented you from driving your car.
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.
- Hunter S. Thompson

maz
buyin' a studio

Post by maz » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:59 pm

SqueeGees wrote: Needless to say this hurt like hell. My wife takes me to the emergancy room and waits for me while the crack staff of nurses and one really lazy fat ass doctor takes X-rays, blood presure, temp. and all the other things these people will charge me with later. Turns out I did not brake my arm. and i will just need staples in my head to keep the wound closed.

All in all a pretty good day so far, and getting better. They gave me pain killers and muscle relaxers... however i wont get to play and drums untill my arm feels better... OUCH.
I bashed my head open on a refrigerator door a year or so ago and got 3 staples in the old skull. It was kind of fun. It didn't hurt but the lydecaine they shot in there first did.

The staples really scare little kids.
Last edited by maz on Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:49 pm

A little over a year ago, a fire extinguisher fell off the wall and hit me in the head. It opened a 2" gash in my scalp, but I didn't get staples or stitches. No, I just went right back to work because I'm not a little pussy.

:roll:

Actually, it had more to do with me having no insurance and no money to speak of.

Anyhoo, get well soon!

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

b3groover
deaf.

Post by b3groover » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:58 am

Damn! That sucks! Here's to a speedy recovery.

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:41 am

thunderboy wrote:A little over a year ago, a fire extinguisher fell off the wall and hit me in the head. It opened a 2" gash in my scalp, but I didn't get staples or stitches. No, I just went right back to work because I'm not a little pussy.
There was the time I was trying to climb the Murderhorn, and I ended up falling 8000 feet onto jagged rocks. Of course we were a lot tougher in those days...

thunderboy
buyin' a studio

Post by thunderboy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:56 am

I hope you remembered to pack the Bactine!

jt
"most toreadors worth a damn are circumcized."
- Discs of Tron

fuckface
steve albini likes it

Post by fuckface » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:12 pm

once i was playing my drums and there was a bowling pin on the shelf behind me and it fell on my head. it hurt but i didnt go to the doctor.....

actually that explains a few things...

bassface
takin' a dinner break

Post by bassface » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:17 pm

They used like 50 staples when I had my hip replaced and the first time I looked at it it really freaked me out because I hadn't heard of surgical staples before.

Hope you feel better soon.
It's nice to be nice to the nice.

--Major Frank Burns