at-home drug tests

wasabi jones
audio school graduate

at-home drug tests

Post by wasabi jones » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:57 pm

has anyone tried these? are they reliable?
i'm looking to try one that tests for pot. i'm a light smoker and also pretty thin( i know that thc resides in fat cells)
in the past i've been able to pass a lab test after 9-10 days abstaining.
this is a little shorter notice with only about 6 days of not smoking.

anyone?

aurelialuz
dead but not forgotten

Re: at-home drug tests

Post by aurelialuz » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:59 pm

get one of those orange drink things. work with like a day's notice.
"While every effort has been made to ensure optimum sound quality, priority has been given to historic content and importance."

cassettefetish
steve albini likes it

Post by cassettefetish » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 pm

I will not guarantee this, but I am a very heavy smoker ... if you can't tell from my posts...

I once had to take a test within 24 hours for a job once (thank god I finally realized it is dumb to work for places that test... unless you operate a shredder or something but not for a call center...)

ANYWAY

I had smoked within the previous 48 hours of having to take this test... I was BROKE and I didn't know what to do... so I just went for it:

Get yourself some KOOL AID. You'll need at least 2 gallons maybe more. Get some cheap ass vitamins.

Like 24 hours before your test, start drinking Kool Aid like crazy. Or water. Or juice. NOT ALCOHOL. Just drink and drink.... basically you will be peeing out water...

Here is where the vitamins come in...

They test pee once, usually... the first test is wayyy cheaper than doing the second, and they only use the second if the first has traces of anything in it. This method defeats the first test. BUT YOU WANT TO TAKE THE VITAMINS to make your pee yellow. They are very suspicious of really clear pee and generally run the second test if it is suspicious. (My best friend is a nurse... I got all the inside info...)

I would also avoid anything that might cause a false positive... poppy seeds, aspirin, etc. I am not sure what all can do that... you just don't want them to do that second test.

Good luck. I am farily certain if you do this it will be OK. Especially if you haven't smoked in awhile.

As for tests, I have never used one. But I want to help a brother out!!

--Nick

Tim Casey
pushin' record

Post by Tim Casey » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:43 pm

I'd just like to mention that I will volunteer to test all your drugs in my home.

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:15 pm

If anyone has read my response to the "Have you ever gone to work screwed up" thread, yes I have - but I've changed a lot since then.

Coming from the other side of the table, I've actually have had to administer some UAs in the last couple of years. It's awkward. And, having once been a user I know what to look for in the body language of nervous testees - not testes, heh. But, I'm objective. I'm not out to bust people. In fact, I honestly agree that unless you're operating heavy machinery, and not endangering others, then UAs are unecessary.

wasabi jones
audio school graduate

Post by wasabi jones » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:26 am

just an update.

i bought one of the home tests from walgreens. tried it after abstaining for 6 days,drinking lots of water and such. it showed negative but i was still skeptical. i took cassettefetishs' advice with the vitamins and mucho agua. when i went for the real deal, they ask about any meds taken over the past month, so as a buffer i listed ibuprofen(it can show a false neg. for thc) on the outside chance that if it did show, i would have more time before having to retest.
long story short, after 8 days of no smoking, i passed that bitch. granted, i'm a skinny fucker so it doesn't stay in my system as long,but it was still a nail biter.
thanks for info guys!

mrc
re-cappin' neve

Post by mrc » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:22 pm

There ya go, I didn't know anybody could operate heavy equipment straight :) It's boring enough, stoned.
mrc