Ever gone to work screwed up?

coniferouspine
re-cappin' neve

Re: Ever gone to work screwed up?

Post by coniferouspine » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:58 am

Slightly off-topic, but speaking of professionally partying scientists -- I know a dude who's a geologist, and that guy can pack down the beer and booze like a Hell's Angel or something if you get him going. Demolishes beer by the case. Oh, yeah, he occasionally goes on camping trips with other geologists to do tests and scout for geologic features (like looking for minerals and resources and natural gas formations and stuff) and they will bake and party out there in these remote wilderness areas like nobody's business. Seriously, they will party like a buncha bikers.
"Every song needs a cranked marshall for mojo, even if decorum requires muting the track."

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:47 am

Greenlander wrote:
BEARD_OF_BEES wrote:30 in the country is ok..thers like 30 on my street alone..dont throw water on them or feed them after midnight..
It's a small country BoB, with few major cities. Like there being 30 Starbucks in Vermont.

There's probably more than 30 starbucks in Vermont, must see if I can find that out.
i just needed some joke fodder..

Fieryjack
steve albini likes it

Post by Fieryjack » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:18 pm

I just hated all the lame high-maintenance drinks people wanted. A godamned single tall 2% sugar free vanilla latte with no foam please, and make that 180 degrees...oh, can you double-cup it too?...oh, wait...have you added the milk yet?...cool, I like changed my mind and would like it half 2% and half soy.
BTW, I just learned that "Tall" actually means "small". Their coffee language is so f u ck e d up!

:rofl:

I once was a barman in the UK where people tipped you in drinks....got a little tipsy at times....

Ivon
steve albini likes it

Post by Ivon » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:48 pm

Fieryjack wrote:
I just hated all the lame high-maintenance drinks people wanted. A godamned single tall 2% sugar free vanilla latte with no foam please, and make that 180 degrees...oh, can you double-cup it too?...oh, wait...have you added the milk yet?...cool, I like changed my mind and would like it half 2% and half soy.
BTW, I just learned that "Tall" actually means "small". Their coffee language is so f u ck e d up!
I know. It's marketing crap - more people will buy it if it's called a tall. Starbuck Speak - be indoctrinated or perish! I was actually reprimanded by a manager 'cause I wouldn't get with the program at first. It was a pain in the ass learning all their lingo...and embarassing to have to repeat that shit to customers.

And in response to Marqueemoon's statement, yeah, I completely agree with you. Starfuck's version of the Machiatto is goofy. Too bad I was always sober while working there. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I were a wee bit tipsy.